SPECIAL NOTES ABOUT DOWNLOAD
*** Downloading this app is a 2-step process: the first step is a download of the app template, and the second step is a full download of app content. This can take 5 to 10 minutes on wifi in 64-bit devices. 32-bit devices may take longer. Please do not navigate away from the app until both steps have been completed. ***
App Permissions Install Settings Note:
• We do not collect or use any personal information. There are, however, some permissions necessary for the app to function properly.
1. Photos/Media/Files – This allows the app to store the medical content and multimedia for offline use without requiring the user to reload all the large content when the app updates.
2. Device and App History – This is used only to keep the app and content up to date.
The amount of clinical information currently doubles every 18 months and the pace is only getting faster. Stay up-to-date with the MSD Manual Professional App.
The MSD Manual Professional App provides health care practitioners and students with clear, practical explanations for thousands of conditions in all major medical and surgical specialties. It covers etiology, pathophysiology, and options for evaluation and treatment.
The trusted MSD Manual Professional medical app offers:
• Thousands of topics written and updated regularly by more than 350 academic physicians
• Photos and Illustrations on thousands of disorders and diseases
• “How to” Videos on numerous outpatient procedures and physical examinations. Concise instructional videos by medical experts on these key topics:
- Casting and splinting techniques
- Orthopedic examinations
- Neurologic examinations
- Obstetric procedures
- Outpatient procedures (including IV lines, tubes, catheters, dislocation reductions and more)
• Quizzes* check knowledge of medical disorders, symptoms, and treatments
• Medical News and Commentary* covering the most current and important medical topics
• Editorials* written by top medical experts
*Internet access needed.
About MSD Manuals
Our mission is simple:
We believe that health information is a universal right and that every person is entitled to accurate, accessible and usable medical information. We have a responsibility to protect, preserve and share the best current medical information to enable more informed decisions, enhance relationships between patients and professionals, and improve health care outcomes around the world.
That’s why we are making the MSD Manuals available for free in digital form to professionals and patients around the world. No registration or subscription required, and no ads.
This mobile application is intended for Healthcare Professionals.
For more information please read the End User License Agreement at
For more information about our privacy practices, please see our privacy commitment at http://www.msdprivacy.com.
Adverse Event Reporting: In a country outside the United States, there may be specific procedures in place to address reports of adverse events. Please contact your local MSD office or local health authority for more information.
For questions or help with the app, please contact email@example.com
• Improved Navigation
• Rate the App feature
• Changes to editors, publishing, and production staff
Ratings and Reviews
One of the best apps I’ve used as a medical student. It gives key information in a summarized and well-presented format. I recommend it for anyone wishing to practice or currently practicing in any healthcare field.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp.
- 114.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Copyright ©2020 Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp. a subsidiary of Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ., USA
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.