Download the number one dictionary app with English language learning tools built for every level of learner!
Dictionary.com is the leading free English dictionary and thesaurus app for iPhone! With more than 2 million trusted definitions and synonyms, the Dictionary.com app is optimized with your mobile device in mind. It even works offline!
Install the offline dictionary for access to definitions whenever and wherever you need them.
In addition to the trusted reference content from Dictionary.com and Thesaurus.com, this app includes:
- Word of the Day – Learn a new word each day and expand your vocabulary education
- Synonyms — Get thesaurus content alongside your dictionary definitions
- Audio pronunciations – Never mispronounce another word
- Voice search – Find the definitions you’re looking for anywhere, anytime
- Content collections carousel includes word trends, grammar tips, word origin videos, and more
- Grammar help - Get grammar tips, word usage, and more
- Favorite words and search history - Customize your recently searched word list, and never forget the newest words you’ve learned
- English Spelling Help - Not sure how a word is spelled? This app will find it for you.
- Learner’s Dictionary - Includes extra information about word usage for English learners
- Optimized for Apple Watch!
Get even more from your app with our Upgrades:
- Example Sentences
- Idioms and Phrases
- Medical, Science, Rhyming Dictionaries
- Offline Dictionary + Remove ads
Or you can get all of this additional content and remove ads for one low price with our Pro App.
- Minor Improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Nice dictionary with definitions, explanations, examples, pronunciation, etymology, synonyms, etc. of words and terms of English language. Almost anything that you would like to have from a dictionary (I would like to have links to definitions of the origins of words being either Greek or Latin). Works best with internet connection.
Voice search limit
This is a good dictionary app, but you might think that since you paid for it, it gives unlimited voice searches. And you'd be wrong! All you pay for is the no-ads feature! When you reach 25 voice searches, you have to pay for 300 more, and after you reach 300 you have to pay again for another 300, and so on.
GIVE UNLIMITED VOICE SEARCHES FOR THE PAID VERSION!
Where is the 6th star?
I cannot judge the voice application, I can only say this is a very useful gadget, whether you are solving a crossword puzzle or preparing your homework. Most satisfied.
- Dictionary.com, LLC
- 154.3 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 and watchOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Dictionary.com, LLC 2017
- 4,49 €
- In-App Purchases
- set of 300 voice to text searches 1,09 €
- Medical Dictionary Upgrade
- Science Dictionary Upgrade
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.