Want to learn a new language? It’s now fun, entertaining, and efficient to learn, right on your phone!
Trust Duolingo like 300 million other language learners, and find a program that works. The secret? Duolingo feels like a game and makes sure you stay motivated. Take 10 minutes a day, and you’ll surprise yourself with how well you can speak a new language 3 months from now!
Forget everything you knew about language learning. With Duolingo, you’ll practice with fun lessons that will leave you eager to learn more, and develop reading, writing, speaking, listening and conversation skills along the way! Track your progress, earn rewards, and most importantly: join the world’s largest community of language learners.
Over 30 languages to choose from - all completely free with our free version, which gives you access to all learning content!
• "Far and away the best language-learning app." — The Wall Street Journal
• "A single app for language skills, self-improvement and digital escape." - The New York Times
• "Duolingo may hold the secret to the future of education." — TIME Magazine
• "...Duolingo is cheerful, lighthearted and fun..." - Forbes
We offer Spanish, French, German, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Irish, Dutch, Danish, Swedish, Turkish, Norwegian, Polish, Arabic, Latin, Hindi, Czech, Indonesian, Hebrew, Esperanto, Vietnamese, Ukrainian, Welsh, Greek, Hungarian, Romanian, and Swahili. Oh, and English too...
Discover Duolingo Plus! While all learning content in Duolingo is free, you can sign up and enjoy premium features such as:
Offline courses, and
Progress quizzes to keep you on track!
If you choose to purchase Duolingo Plus, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Terms of Service: https://www.duolingo.com/terms
Our mascot owl, Duo, is trading in his usual diet of mice for bugs this week. Yup, we’re squashing those pesky bugs to make the experience better for all of you.
For more Duolingo news, contests and product releases, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram @duolingo.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
With its friendly approach and awesome updates, Duolingo’s long been one of our favorite apps for learning another language. Its secret: making the process genuinely fun. Engaging mini-games test your reading, writing, and speaking skills, and joining a club (where you can encourage and compete with others) adds a great social element. Bonus: all those languages and games are available for free!
Excellent work!!! Keyboard bug.
Really really really great work! Bravo to anyone involved in this, developers, creators and content curators of course! Excellent work! One thing, in iOS 13.1 there’s a bug with the keyboard auto selection (ES keyboard when I have to type in Spanish, GR keyboard when I have to type in Greek, EN for English etc.). It was working on 13, not on 13.1, since beta phase. Fix it please cause it’s annoying to have to switch keyboard every time. Thank you again for your awesome work.
Great app but could get better
Been using this app both as free version and pro (paid) version at times for French and German. Three important issues:
- On hearing exercises many times the ‘slow’ feature doesn’t work and you can hear the fast phrase on both buttons. Also many times word matching exercises have errors: when there are two synonyms of one word in the same exercise, you must match them specifically in two pairs.
- Just today I seem to be getting a message every time I log in. This says that my streak is lost and that I should pay to reinstall my streak.. but this happened 2 days ago and I have paid the 5,49eur to fix it ( which by the way is a very high amount for something like this) I was then at day 43 and now I’m in day 45 and still get the message.. asking me to pay again when at the same time I have activated the streak freeze feature anyway so there is absolutely no reason for this to happen.
- I’m trying to reach customer support but can’t seem to find a contact email/ live chat/ number anywhere in the app or the developer’s website. Don’t you think that a live chat support feature should be available for your users?
- Duolingo, Inc
- 103.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Duolingo, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Streak Repair 3,49 €
- Streak Repair 5,49 €
- Streak Repair 10,99 €
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.