Learn a new language with the world’s most-downloaded education app! Duolingo is the fun, free app for learning 35+ languages through quick, bite-sized lessons. Practice speaking, reading, listening, and writing to build your vocabulary and grammar skills.
Designed by language experts and loved by hundreds of millions of learners worldwide, Duolingo helps you prepare for real conversations in Spanish, French, Chinese, Italian, German, English, and more.
Whether you’re learning a language for travel, school, career, family and friends, or your brain health, you’ll love learning with Duolingo.
• Duolingo is fun and effective. Game-like lessons and fun characters help you build solid speaking, reading, listening, and writing skills.
• Duolingo works. Designed by language experts, Duolingo has a science-based teaching methodology proven to foster long-term language retention.
• Track your progress. Work toward your language learning goals with playful rewards and achievements when you make practicing a daily habit!
• Join the community. With 300+ million learners worldwide, you’re part of a language community on Duolingo.
• Every language course is free. Learn Spanish, French, German, Italian, Russian, Portuguese, Turkish, Dutch, Irish, Danish, Swedish, Ukrainian, Esperanto, Polish, Greek, Hungarian, Norwegian, Hebrew, Welsh, Arabic, Latin, Hawaiian, Scottish Gaelic, Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese, English, and even High Valyrian!
What the world is saying about Duolingo:
“Far and away the best language-learning app.” —The Wall Street Journal
“This free app and website is among the most effective language-learning methods I’ve tried… lessons come in the form of brief challenges — speaking, translating, answering multiple-choice questions — that keep me coming back for more.” —The New York Times
“Duolingo may hold the secret to the future of education.” — TIME Magazine
“...Duolingo is cheerful, lighthearted and fun…” — Forbes
If you like Duolingo, try Duolingo Plus for 7 days free! Learn a language fast with no ads, and get fun perks like Mastery Quiz to measure how much you’ve learned and downloadable courses for learning wherever you go!
If you choose to purchase Duolingo Plus, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Terms of Service: https://www.duolingo.com/terms
Our mascot owl, Duo, is trading in his usual diet of mice for bugs this week. Yup, we’re squashing those pesky bugs to make the experience better for all of you.
For more Duolingo news, contests and product releases, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram @duolingo.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
With its friendly approach and awesome updates, Duolingo’s long been one of our favorite apps for learning another language. Its secret: making the process genuinely fun. Engaging mini-games test your reading, writing, and speaking skills, and joining a club (where you can encourage and compete with others) adds a great social element. Bonus: all those languages and games are available for free!
Five efforts system
The last months , you made a change by adding the five efforts systems. That`s a good thing, but the problem is that this system counts as a mistake when you don’t put an “a” when there is not an “un” in the original text. It counts a mistake when you says “where is it” and not “where it is (as your app wants). That’s a blow off, because I used to like your app a lot.
Great app but could get better
Been using this app both as free version and pro (paid) version at times for French and German. Three important issues:
- On hearing exercises many times the ‘slow’ feature doesn’t work and you can hear the fast phrase on both buttons. Also many times word matching exercises have errors: when there are two synonyms of one word in the same exercise, you must match them specifically in two pairs.
- Just today I seem to be getting a message every time I log in. This says that my streak is lost and that I should pay to reinstall my streak.. but this happened 2 days ago and I have paid the 5,49eur to fix it ( which by the way is a very high amount for something like this) I was then at day 43 and now I’m in day 45 and still get the message.. asking me to pay again when at the same time I have activated the streak freeze feature anyway so there is absolutely no reason for this to happen.
- I’m trying to reach customer support but can’t seem to find a contact email/ live chat/ number anywhere in the app or the developer’s website. Don’t you think that a live chat support feature should be available for your users?
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Duolingo, Inc
- 169.6 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Duolingo, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Duolingo Plus 10,49 €
- Duolingo Plus 13,99 €
- Duolingo Plus 13,99 €
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.