Great tool to surgeon in an effort to record in real time in augmented reality the motion of the joint and measure dynamically the range of motion in degrees ......
Range of motion by measuring angles is frequent need in every day clinical tasks during patient examinations by orthopaedic surgeons, physicians, physical therapists and veterinarians. With the classic goniometer the position of joint should be registered in degrees in maximal and minimum position in order to calculate the range of motion of joints.
Augmented reality (AR) offers a novel method of blending virtual and real word. The app is a powerful combination of these two environments which coverts Apple devices to expensive motion analysis tools.
The dynamic nature or the app is that once the markers are recognised and captured, the three spheres are moving according to patient joint movement live and continuously following simultaneously the new position of each marker. This powerful feature offers a great help to surgeon in an effort to record in real time and in augmented reality the motion of the joint, and measure the range of the motion.
The Dynamic GoniometerApp is medical software aimed for orthopaedic surgeons, physicians, physical therapists and veterinarians providing tool that allow doctors to:
- determine the most accurate possibly way, in Augmented Reality (AR) directly angles, range of motion all dynamically while the patient is moving the joint of interest. The app automatically recognises, three different markers.The markers are assigned with three coloured spheres namely red, green, blue spheres which are connected with cylindrical lines. The measured angles and the complimentary values between the cylinders are printed continuously over the screen, while the minimum and maximum value and the total range of motion, are printed and updated also continuously. During the test, patient is not constrained by any device and has a total freedom of movement. It allows to carry out a medical examination while evaluation dynamically during movement of joint of interest is feasible .
- marking points by pressing a key is not necessary, seeing the joint of interest tagged manually before by the printed unique QR codes images markers in screen, three points are captured and recognised immediately. Coloured spheres appear in AR over the printed Qrcode printed attached markers over the joint of interest which are moved respectively following the joint movement in real world.
-angle values are printed continuously in real time. By ordering the patient to place the joint of interest in new position you notice that spheres are moving attached to the printed markers over the skin continuously in Augmented Reality environment, simultaneously measuring the angle subtended between the three spheres.
-save the measured values and results as a screenshot to the photo roll for later review or consultation.
The app is not a simple goniometer, is an enhanced product which helps to monitor objectively in real time the joint movements and evaluate live optimally the range of motions. This App is particularly useful especially in clinical settings where you need a detailed results without losing time. The combination of Augmented Reality environment and live monitoring the range of movement offers a new dimension in clinical examination. The ability to integrate-regardless of the camera position - live imagery and measure live the angles and estimating the range of motion by using as references certain printed reference markers concurrently makes the app a simple and useful tool.
All information received from the software output must be clinically reviewed regarding its plausibility before patient treatment! The DynamicGoniometerAR App indicated for assisting healthcare professionals. Clinical judgment and experience are required to properly use the software. The software is not for primary image interpretation.
updated for iOS 15.4, new rendering mechanism, new methodology for the creation of geometrical objects, bugs fixed
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- ORTHOPRACTIS.COM SINGLE MEMBER P.C.
- 1.7 MB
- Requires iOS 15.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.3 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © orthopractis
- 2,99 €
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.