FabFilter Pro-Q 2 is a transparent, high-quality equalizer plug-in for mixing and mastering purposes, with up to 24 bands and a gorgeous interface for easy and precise editing. With its unique Natural Phase mode, it matches both the magnitude and phase response of analog EQ'ing perfectly. Innovative features like Spectrum Grab and EQ Match together with its intelligent interactive EQ display make Pro-Q 2 an absolute joy to use.
The Pro-Q 2 app filters the microphone input and plays it back in real-time. To use Pro-Q 2 as a plug-in, you need an AUv3-compatible host app like Auria, AUM or Cubasis. Pro-Q 2 will appear in the list of Audio Unit extensions for effect plug-ins in the host app.
- Highest possible sound quality
- Gorgeous Retina interface with large interactive EQ display, multi-band selection and editing for maximum ease of use and efficiency
- Up to 24 EQ bands
- Operates in zero latency mode, linear phase mode with adjustable latency or the unique Natural Phase mode
- Filter shapes: Bell, Notch, High/Low Shelf, High/Low Cut, Band Pass, Tilt Shelf
- Universal filter slope support for all filter types, up to 96 dB/oct
- Spectrum Grab: just grab and adjust a peak in the real-time spectrum analyzer right away!
- EQ Match feature to automatically match the spectrum of another track
- Optional Gain-Q interaction
- Each band can operate on the stereo signals or on the left or right channels independently for per-channel EQ-ing
- Built-in spectrum analyzer with Pre-EQ, Post-EQ and SC modes, adjustable range, speed, resolution, tilt and freeze
- Auto Gain and Gain Scale
- Mid/side mode where you can EQ the mid and side signals separately
- Optional piano roll display to quantize EQ frequencies to musical notes
- Different display ranges: 3 dB and 6 dB ranges for mastering, 12 dB and 30 dB for mixing
- Intelligent solo mode makes it easy to find problem frequencies and hear the effect of a band
- Phase Invert option to change polarity
- Large output level meter with peak level readout
- Undo/redo and A/B comparison
"FabFilter Pro-Q 2 is sure to be the first plug-in we add to almost every channel on every mix we do for the next few years. Absolutely brilliant! Verdict: 10/10!"
— MusicTech Magazine
"FabFilter Pro-Q 2 is practically impossible to fault, being absolutely stunning in terms of usability, functionality and sound. Verdict: 10/10!"
— Computer Music Magazine
You can now save and edit presets right from the presets menu: just click Save As in the presets menu to get started. Added Options submenu to the presets menu with commands to enable MIDI program changes, change the default preset, and restore the factory presets. EQ Match has become a lot easier to work with since you can now also save and restore reference spectrums. Finally, this update also contains various small fixes and improvements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.