Final Cut Pro combines revolutionary video editing with powerful media organization and incredible performance to let you create at the speed of thought.
Revolutionary Video Editing
• The Magnetic Timeline uses advanced metadata and Clip Connections for faster, easier editing
• Enhanced Timeline Index lets you drag and drop audio roles to rearrange the layout of your timeline
• Powerful drag-and-drop Object Tracker automatically matches titles and effects to the movement of faces or objects
• Change focus points or the depth effect effect for video shot in Cinematic mode on iPhone 13 (requires macOS Monterey)
• Edit multicamera projects with automatic syncing and support for up to 64 camera angles
• Automatically transform projects for square or vertical delivery with Smart Conform
• Import and edit 360° equirectangular video in a wide range of formats and frame sizes
• Create, edit, and deliver closed captions from within Final Cut Pro
• Extend the capabilities of Final Cut Pro with third-party workflow extensions
Powerful Media Organization
• Organize your work within libraries for efficient media management and collaboration
• Create proxy copies of your media for portability and performance
• Apply custom keywords or favorites on the fly as you select clip ranges
• Smart Collections dynamically organize content for you to quickly find any shot in a few clicks
• Locate duplicate media in the timeline using highlighted clip ranges or the Timeline Index
• Improved speed and efficiency on Mac computers with Apple silicon
• Unrivaled performance with optimizations for the M1 Pro, M1 Max and M1 Ultra chips on the new Mac Studio and MacBook Pro
• Work with a broad range of formats including ProRes, RED, XAVC, AVCHD, Avid DNxHR®, Avid DNxHD®, H.264, HEVC, and more
Compelling, Customizable Effects
• Beautifully animated, easily customizable 2D and 3D titles
• Change the look of titles, transitions, and effects using intuitive controls
• Choose from an ecosystem of third-party FxPlug plug-ins with custom interfaces
Integrated Audio Editing
• Assign roles during import to easily track and organize your project
• Expand and edit multichannel audio files directly in the timeline
• Apply intuitive Logic-based effects and reduce background noise to isolate voices
• Sync video with separate audio in a single step with instant audio waveform matching
Intuitive Color Grading
• Import, edit, and deliver video in standard color spaces, or in Rec. 2020 and HLG color spaces
• Powerful color wheels and curves for precise adjustments with keying and masks
• Accurately view HDR on the MacBook Pro and Pro Display XDR
One-Step, Optimized Output
• Incredibly fast export for playback on Apple devices and upload to websites such as Vimeo and YouTube
• Export audio stems and multiple versions of a finished video using roles metadata
• Import and export XML for third-party workflows like color grading and sound mixing
System Requirements: macOS 11.5.1 or later, 4GB of RAM (8GB recommended for 4K editing, 3D titles, and 360° video editing), Metal-capable graphics card, 1GB of VRAM recommended for 4K editing, 3D titles, and 360° video editing, 4.5GB of available disk space.
Some features require Internet access; fees may apply. Blu-ray recorder required for burning Blu-ray discs.
• Supports faster exporting of H.264 or HEVC on Macs with Apple silicon
• Increases stability when disconnecting a Sidecar display on Intel Macs
• Improves performance when editing on a Mac with an ambient light sensor
Ratings and Reviews
Great app with innovative interface.
It is really more of an iMovie pro rather than final cut, yet it is exactly what I was looking for!
Good work Apple.
Looking forward to next updates, stability needs further improvement...
Great but problematic
It was all great and fast until the Catalina update!! It used to need less than a minute to render for a 10min video and now it needs 10-15min!!! It used to need 2min maximum to export and not it needs 20-30min!!! It is like I have a PC all over again! Please fix it becaude I didn't spend 300euros to have the quality of a download-free program I can easily find on the internet..
Lack of caption formatting is unaccepatable
I'd give this app 5* but the fact that there is no way to properly format subtitles is unacceptable for a professional editing app. I have to go through hell and third party apps to add subtitles to my tutorials so that they are't ridiculously large and cover half the screen covering up what I'm trying to demonstrate in the tutorials.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Distribution International
- 3.4 GB
- Photo & Video
- Requires macOS 11.5.1 or later.
English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2022
- 349,99 €
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.