Hydra offers innovative photo capture technology, and lets you take beautiful pictures even in the most difficult lighting conditions, which makes it a great companion to iOS Camera app.
“The Hydra app from Belgian company Creaceed is one of the more interesting iOS camera apps we have seen in the recent past.”
“Hydra is for people who enjoy iPhone photography at a higher and more rewarding level.”
— David Robinson (iPhonographer)
"Hydra has the particularity of offering original features, which are missing from many competing apps."
Hydra captures more light by merging up to 60 frames to make a single high-quality picture (less noise, more highlights/shadows) on iPhone and iPad. Hydra also goes beyond the 8- or 12-megapixel sensor limit, with up to 32-megapixel high-resolution images. It uses the latest evolutions of iPhone and iPad camera hardware, as well as the latest camera APIs and GPU rendering technologies.
Hydra provides 5 specific capture modes: HDR, Video-HDR, Lo-Light, Zoom, and Hi-res modes.
• Hydra's High Dynamic Range (HDR) mode is based on an alternate method that captures up to 20 images and that is made to handle even the most difficult lighting conditions.
• Video-HDR uses single-image tone mapping and device-specific sensor mode to create stunning videos.
• Lo-Light mode removes sensor noise by merging together multiple images and amplifying light by a factor of 10 to provide a better image quality.
• Zoom mode uses real-time, super-resolution technique to recreate missing pixels from hand motion, producing 2x, 4x and 8x (telephoto lens) scale factors with more details than the standard digital zooming technique(*).
• Hi-res mode produces up to 32MP images from the regular 8 or 12MP camera sensor, providing finer details in captured image(*).
• Hydra supports the telephoto & front cameras respectively in Zoom and Lo-Light/HDR modes to shoot portraits & selfies.
• Camera support: ultra wide, wide, telephoto, and front facing.
Hydra also features a photo gallery for reviewing images and their metadata, directly linked with built-in iOS photo album, thus avoiding duplicates and allowing to flag as favorites.
(*) recommended for static scenes or distant scenery. Rendering artifacts can occur for scenes with parallax and for moving subjects.
Maintenance release with minor enhancements & bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Hdr video is very usefull and works great,
Hdr photos dont always create nice results
Highres photos give a 10-15% more detail than 12mpx.Its ok nothing special.
Lowlight photos are again somewhat better than stock.
Overall hdr video is worth it and high res photos that "convert" noise in more details for the photos.
Based on a 12mpx sensor from iphone SE.
Zero stars for this app. Completely useless, "hi-res" photo worse than the original file. Lousy feedback from the developers, impossible to work with. Don't waste your money, this app just doesn't work as advertised. Shame.
Developer Response ,
Hydra offers advanced imaging techniques that require specific handling. We did not receive any feedback from you recently I'm afraid. Feel free to come back to us via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will happily give you some tips. /TC
Not good enough for what it costs ...why it doesn’t have light option ?? What about tele cam for iPhones plus ??
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Creaceed SRL
- 26.2 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Creaceed SPRL
- 4,99 €
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.