With a streamlined design and intuitive Multi-Touch gestures, iMovie lets you create Hollywood-style trailers and beautiful movies like never before.
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 14 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customise movie studio logos, cast names and credits
• Select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones
• Record video for your trailer directly in iMovie
Create beautiful movies
• Choose from 8 unique themes with matching titles, transitions and music
• Give your movie the perfect look with 13 Apple-designed video filters
• Enhance your movie with slow motion and fast-forward*
• Easily add picture in picture, green screen and split screen effects
• Create a soundtrack using built-in music that automatically adjusts to match the length of your movie
• Add sound effects, songs from your music library and your own narration
• Connect a keyboard and use simple shortcuts to edit movies quickly
• Easily transfer projects between your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch using AirDrop or iCloud Drive
• Send any project to your Mac via AirDrop or iCloud Drive to finish editing with iMovie or Final Cut Pro X
• Connect an external display to your iPhone or iPad and choose to mirror the iMovie interface or display your video fullscreen while you edit**
Share with friends and family
• Send videos with Mail and Messages
• Save to your photo library or share to YouTube in 4K or 1080p60***
• Save videos and iMovie project files to iCloud Drive
• Share videos and iMovie project files with AirDrop****
• Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream video to your HDTV with Apple TV*****
* 2x speed-up is available on iPhone 5s, iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina display and later devices.
** Requires iPhone 7 or later, iPad (6th generation) or iPad Pro (2017) or later
*** 4K support is available on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro and later devices.
**** AirDrop requires an iCloud account and is available on iPhone 5, iPad (4th generation), iPad Air, iPad mini, iPod touch (5th generation) and later devices.
***** AirPlay requires Apple TV (2nd generation) or later.
• Give your videos a hand-drawn look with 3 new filters: Comic, Comic Mono and Ink
• Choose from 25 new soundtracks — in genres including action, chill and sentimental — that automatically adjust to match the length of your movie
• Addresses an issue that could prevent the viewer from updating after duplicating a photo in the timeline
• Improves reliability of Redo when editing a trailer
• Includes performance and stability improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I think you should add this
I think we need to add our own audio at our movies. I would really appreciate if you added this.
Important feedback on iPad o.s.
There isn’t anymore a video file thumbnails after connecting the official sd card reader. Fix it please coz we need to transfer many videos to reach out the correct one. Also we need to play the video before to choose if we want to transfer it. Also we need some new tools on iMovie like more titles and more adjustments to the frame
Greatest app ever!
This is the best app to make trailers and movies. When I made my first trailer, it came out so great. Then I showed to my family. They really liked it. Good job, Apple!
- Apple Distribution International
- 620.6 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 13.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2020 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.