Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Top selling paid app on iPad App Store, regularly ranked #1.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to enrich their lives. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note-taking experience at school, home, and work.
CREATE MEMORABLE MULTI-MEDIA NOTES
• Work with a variety of note-taking, journaling, and drawing tools like ink, highlighter, text, and audio.
• Explore endless ideas with continuous page scroll.
• Mark up imported textbooks, documents, lecture slides, class assignments, and images.
• Add photos, GIFs, web pages, and more.
STAY ORGANIZED, PAPER-FREE
• Always keep your notes with you, without the weight, the hassle or the paper waste.
• Group notes with customizable subjects and dividers.
• Quickly search handwriting*, typed text, PDF text, image text, and note titles.
• Secure notes using Face ID and Touch ID.
HANDWRITE AND SKETCH NATURALLY
• Ink is fine-tuned for the Apple Pencil for the most responsive, precise writing experience yet, including double-tap gesture for switching tools, erasing, and more.
• Create custom colors and match any color with the color dropper.
• Precisely erase freehand ink or shapes with varied brush sizes.
• Easily create perfect shapes.
• Quickly switch between ink or eraser styles with the Favorites Toolbar.
RECORD AND PLAYBACK AUDIO
• Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
• Replay audio recordings and tap anywhere on your note to hear what was said at that moment.
SHARE IDEAS IN PRESENTATION MODE
• Present ideas in full screen without distracting toolbars when connected to an external display.
• Engage an audience with all of Notability's tools including a Laser Pointer.
DO MORE WITH MULTI-NOTE
• Work with two notes side-by-side.
• Quickly switch between notes and Drag & Drop handwriting, typed text, images, etc.
• Full-featured, left-aligned typing with word count and a wide range of fonts, custom fonts, sizes, and colors.
• Create outlines, interactive checklists, and text boxes.
IMPORT AND SHARE
• Import PDFs, DOCs, PPTs, images, GIFs, and more - conversion to PDF happens on your device, so information stays private.
• Easily create searchable multi-page PDFs using the built-in Document Scanner.
AUTO-BACKUP AND ICLOUD SYNC
• Use iCloud to automatically sync your notes to Notability across iPad, iPhone, and Mac.
• Use Auto-backup to send your notes to a cloud service for archiving or recovery. Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, WebDAV, and OneDrive are all supported!
Customize your note-taking experience in the Notability Shop! Explore an exciting array of content available for purchase:
• *Handwriting Conversion and Search (included with Edu VPP)
• Daily Planner
• Stickers, themes, and more!
Mac app sold separately.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
*** What's New in Notability 10.1.5 ***
• Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
We rely on this sleek, powerful note-taker to annotate documents, record lectures, sketch illustrations, and more. With built-in iCloud support, it’s perfect for keeping notes, documents, and doodles up to date on both iPhone and iPad.
What an app!!!!!!
I use the app daily for keeping handwritings notes with my Apple Pencil + iPad Pro 12.9. In fact is the reason I decided to buy the iPad.... It is perfect from any aspect you can imagine. The writing flow... the things it does automatically.... the shape recognition...the fact that I can write on a template and then I can print or export my work to a pdf without the background... the sync works perfect also. Great job! There is similar app on the store which promises the same things... I thing is far behind notability. One thing I would like to propose is the way this app manages notes. I would prefer to give me the choice to organize them in folders. The interface is very good and helps you find the note really quick but if you want to organize them by year or put a divider under another divider you can’t... that is an issue, or a pointer option would be a perfect addition.
Fantastic app!! Definitely worth the money!!
I’m a electrical engineering student, from the time I got this app in my iPad I forgot what paper and pen is..(I use the Apple Pencil tho..) I have all the lectures from all my classes in pdf form inside the app and I can write things on them while listening to my teacher. Overall the app is amazing, the features it has are so useful and I’m really excited. Although I did not gave it 5 stars because of one or two things which, I admit, is kind of strict judgment. First of all, I would like the new blank page you can add between the pages of your pdf to have dynamic size in case I want to write a note which doesn’t cover a hole page. Also, I would like the stickers to be minimized after I finish writing what I want on them, so that they would not cover a huge space on the original file(lecture). It would be nice if a sticker would be minimized when I read my lecture and open when I touch it, in order to read or further edit it. Again it is an amazing app, I use it every day, I would pay again and again for it. Thanks guys!!
- Ginger Labs, Inc.
- 370.4 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2020
- 9,99 €
- In-App Purchases
- Back to School Basics Pack
- Handwriting Recognition 3,49 €
- 7-Day Trial
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.