The Skype you know and love has an all-new design, optimised to help you stay connected with the people you care about most.
What can I do with Skype?
• Communicate easily with the people in your life through free Skype-to-Skype video/audio calls, personalised messaging and low-rate calling to mobiles and landlines around the world.
• Message: Send photos, videos, voice messages, emoticons, Mojis, react to messages and more.
• Groups: Free group video and audio calling for up to 50 participants, group chat with up to 300 people, plan or play with bots, add-ons, and personalised features
Upgrading to the new Skype may result in the deletion of content from older conversations.
To save photos and videos that were previously sent or received in an older version of Skype, save that content to your camera roll/photo gallery before upgrading to the new Skype.
Note: Skype-to-Skype calls and messages are always free when used on an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection. Otherwise, operator data charges may apply.
iOS 10.0 or above.
We're listening to your feedback and working hard to improve Skype. Here's what's new:
- Improved Share extension with dark mode support and better performance
- Upgraded custom reaction picker so you can now have more reactions right at your fingertips
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
Visit https://go.skype.com/whatsnew for more details.
Ratings and Reviews
Well, the Skype application and the emojis and all that are good, but the video calls are too much, that is, as far as I know, the video calls are too much! And so we enter from another application but the rest is fine it is very nice that new things come out and you can put 60 emojis in a suggestion of your friend and I can say one more that to some it shows that it is constantly active while it is not! Can I ask you something? So when you want to see the first messages you sent to your friend for example and you sent a lot! And you go in the search for messages and you look for the first thing you said to your friend and he remembers you put it word and does not exist and I want to ask if after a level you can not see the messages eg after a month ! The messages (that is, the conversations you have) are very good but in the video call it hangs! That's why I gave her 4/5 but now it reminds me something else that the videos are too late to be sent and you can not send a message while a video is loading!
Unstable on Split View
Have Skype for iPad on iPad Pro 11” with iPadOS 13.4 and it does not function properly on Split View. For example, the window that shows my front camera view goes black and the camera button goes gray...
Very happy with it although...
Although when the app got upscaled at some point I was asked to create a new account since I was unable to retrieve my old one. Now, whenever I receive a call, I don’t know which of my 2 accounts are being used; they are so similar, it almost makes me wanna cry.
Apart from all that, when my internet connection is good (which is most of the time), the quality of service is impeccable.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- 176.6 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2003 - 2019 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Skype Credit 5,49 €
- Skype Credit 10,99 €
- Skype Credit 27,99 €
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.