This is the most advanced and bespoke OCR GCSE and AS Latin vocab tester around. Its SMART logic adapts to your strengths and weaknesses, testing you on the words you don't know rather than the ones you do. It is a learner and tester in one.
It's integrated SMART Questioning ensures that you never have to keep answering words you know more than once, twice, three, four or even five times depending on the setting you choose. Not only that, but you can reset the SMART Questioning at any time.
So, apart from the SMART Questioning, what makes it so good?
- It covers the OCR GCSE (Foundation + Higher), OCR AS LEVEL and ISEB Common Entrance word lists;
- You can stretch yourself even further with English into Latin;
- There are a mixture of Multiple Choice and Type-In questions that test you further;
- You can choose to either be tested on any part of speech (or a selection thereof) or alphabetically, depending on how you have been learning your vocabulary list;
- It includes words that are in addition to the exam reference word list that you will need to know at GCSE and AS such as numbers, irregular comparatives and superlatives and adverbs generated from adjectives;
- You can choose how many questions you want to be asked in each test, how long each answer will be shown on the screen, whether you want SMART Questioning on or not and how many times you want to get a particular word right - it is designed for you to dictate how you want to revise and be tested;
- Once downloaded, it can be used without internet access - all you need is the App;
- There is a support team in place should you encounter a problem or just have a query about any of the Latin.
Designed for both the iPhone and iPad, it can be used on the go, so there is no need to sit at a desk with endless vocabulary tests. Your journey to school has never been so educational!
A sample dictionary of 40 words is included in the app. If this app works for you, full dictionaries are available through in-app purchase.
It was perhaps a little too easy in multiple choice questions where the question included punctuation (such as exclamation mark) and only one of the possible answers had the same punctuation. Now possible answers exclude punctuation to make it a little harder!
Typed answers are now more lenient with regard to missing punctuation or extra whitespace.
2.1.2: Fixed crash when viewing dictionary info in settings. Sorry about that.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Michael Eustace
- 27.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2021 Ecuesta
- In-App Purchases
- GCSE Foundation Dictionary 4,49 €
- GCSE Higher Dictionary 4,49 €
- AS Level Dictionary 4,49 €
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.