One of the best selling SEGA games of all time - Sonic The Hedgehog 2 is now available for free on mobile! Rediscover SEGA’s super Sonic masterpiece!
Dr. Eggman is back to his old tricks, trying to find the seven Chaos Emeralds that will enable him to complete his ultimate weapon, the Death Egg. Only the triple threat of Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles can defeat him in this remaster from the team behind Sonic Mania!
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 joins the ever-increasing line-up of ‘SEGA Forever’, a treasure trove of free SEGA console classics brought to life on mobile for the first time!
- Twelve Badnik-infested zones to master, from underwater caverns to neon-lit casinos!
- Compete online, take on the Time Attack mode, and the all-new Boss Attack mode!
- Play the secret Hidden Palace Zone stage that didn't make it into the original release!
- Fight Dr. Eggman's creations, including the terrifying Mecha Sonic
- Obtain all the Chaos Emeralds to transform into Super Sonic and Super Knuckles!
MOBILE GAME FEATURES
- PLAY FREE with ad-support or ad-free via In-App Purchase
- SAVE YOUR GAMES – save your progress at any point in the game.
- LEADERBOARDS – compete with the world for high scores
"Without doubt, it's SEGA's best game ever." [96%] - Stuart Clarke, Mega Zone #25 (December 1992)
"Faster, slicker, more colourful, louder, bigger, and much, much tougher than the original." [96%] - Julian "Jaz" Rignall, Mean Machines SEGA #2 (November 1992)
"Packs a ton more punch than Bluey's first outing." [94%] - Paul Anglin, Computer & Video Games #132 (November 1992)
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2 TRIVIA
- This is the most complete version of Sonic The Hedgehog 2 to date, complete with widescreen, 60FPS action, and a remastered soundtrack!
- This was the first Sonic game to feature the Spin Dash move
- The Master System version was the first game Tails appeared in, although he wasn’t playable!
- Unlike the Mega Drive/Genesis original, you can now fly as Tails!
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2 HISTORY
- The game was originally released worldwide in November 1992
- Original developer: Sonic Team & SEGA Technical Institute
- Designer: Hirokazu Yasuhara
- Lead Composer: Masato Nakamura
- - - - -
Game apps are ad-supported and no in-app purchases are required to progress; ad-free play option available with in-app purchase.
This game may include "Interest Based Ads" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#3IBADiscolure for more information) and may collect "Precise Location Data" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#5LocationDataDisclosure for more information).
© SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA, the SEGA logo, SONIC and SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2, SEGA Forever and the SEGA Forever logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates.
Bug fixes and refinements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Chill out with the ads already! I have to see an ad even for restart. However this game is great. Keep up the good work.
Paid for ad free version still getting ads...
I bought Sonic 1 & 2 because I liked them as a kid...played for a while and out of the blue I got ads in the application...I tried to restore my purchases but no luck on both apps...this is at least unacceptable...
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sega America
- 181.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Game Controller
- Age Rating
- © SEGA, the SEGA logo, SONIC THE HEDGEHOG and SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2 are either registered trade marks or trade marks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Upgrade 2,29 €
Play this game with your favourite compatible controller.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.