Terminology is a browser for the English language – part dictionary, part thesaurus and part research tool. Terminology makes it easy to explore words and phrases, diving down to more and less specific terms - accessing the web and other apps for more detail and sharing.
More than a dictionary, Terminology can be extended with custom actions to search the Internet and other reference apps – making it a great place to start all your searches.
Use the share extension to select text anywhere, in any app, and look it up in Terminology.
### Dictionary, Thesaurus & Search
- Offline U.S. English dictionary and word reference with simple clear definitions.
- Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and deeper word relations such as: more and less specific words, part, part of, members, member of, pertains to and more.
- Favorite terms.
- Word browsing history.
- Add your own notes to any term.
- Audio pronunications.
- Wildcard (?,*) searching.
- Spelling suggestions.
- Fast, reliable, iCloud (CloudKit) sync and backup of history, favorites, notes and actions.
- Term of the day.
### Extensible Actions
Actions provide quick links to lookup and search your terms on websites and in other apps. Ready to use actions for popular reference sites like Wikipedia, Dictionary.com, Google, IMDb, Snopes and more, or create your own with simple URL templates.
### All the Latest Technologies
- Share extension lets you access Terminology from a text selection in any app.
- Today widget for quick access.
- 3D Touch support.
- iPad Multitasking/Split View support.
- Spotlight and Handoff support.
### More Features
- Extensive support for URL scheme integration via x-callback-url. Visit our website for details.
- Great support for Accessibility features like VoiceOver and Dynamic Text.
### About the Dictionary
- Terminology's offline dictionary is based on the latest 3.1 version of the Princeton University WordNet project and contains U.S. English words.
We love to hear your feedback, please contact us.
Compatibility updates for the latest OS.
Ratings and Reviews
iCloud sync glitches
Hi. The app is excellent and this is an understatement. Many thanks. I use it as my primary tool, on a daily basis and many times within each day. There must be a serious issue though with iCloud sync. My iCloud account and sync for that matter, in general, is faultless. No problem whatsoever with any other app, BUT Terminology! Although my "storage manager" shows properly and despite the fact that I have the sync option always "on" in the settings, my devices do not sync. Even worse, the app keeps messing up my "favorites"; the latest predicament is that I lost them from my iPhone 6s Plus! It is frustrating because I had gradually built an extensive list and now it is all gone (at least from my screen)! Anyway, thought you ought to know and maybe review the darn thing? Take care. George
A unique dictionary app!
Another iOS software masterpiece created by the very talented and creative developer, Greg Pierce. The Terminology app combines a great design with a phenomenal functionality, typical of its developer's previous great work.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Agile Tortoise
- 75.1 MB
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2021 by Agile Tortoise, Inc.
- 1,99 €
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.