VLC for Mobile is a port of the free VLC media player to iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
It can play all your movies, shows and music in most formats directly without conversion.
It allows file synchronization with Dropbox, GDrive, OneDrive, Box, iCloud Drive, iTunes, direct downloads and through WiFi sharing as well as streaming from SMB, FTP, UPnP/DLNA media servers and the web.
VLC offers support for advanced subtitles including full SSA compatibility, multi-track audio, and playback speed control.
VLC for Mobile is completely free and open source.
· Add support for SMBv3
· Fix authentication regression with SMBv2 servers
· Fix DNS lookup regression with SMBv2 servers on IPv6-capable networks
· Fix login to Box.com
Ratings and Reviews
Can not play subs when streaming from cloud.
i connect the vlc app in my ipad with my google account. There i have a mp4 file and a srt file with subs (same filename). I play the mp4 file but without subs. Can you fix pls. With other players such as nplayer the video plays with subs.
First of all: When opening VLC the user sees every single video file he’s got in his iPad. This is VERY confusing. In the previous version the opening screen gave us immediately the organized folders - “Playlists”, as you call them now.
Furthermore: In the previous version, every time I was transferring episodes of a series from my MacBook, VLC organized them automatically in a separate folder. Now I have to do it manually.
Finally, In the previous version deleting a file which was placed in a folder it meant the complete deletion. Now we have to search, find and delete it from the main screen too.
1. Last one automatically generated files of a series when we had separate episodes.
2. A new addition to the library had the mark “new” and one that we did not finish showed the minute we were at. Nothing in the version.
3. I cannot stream anymore from my pc to either apple tv, ipad or iphone anymore in the home network.
4. It’s become impractical and wished I could go back to the old version.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 171.3 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 11.0 or later.
English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Belarusian, Bosnian, Breton, Cambodian, Catalan, Corsican, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Faeroese, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Sardinian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © VideoLAN and authors
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.