World English Bible translation - The entire Bible in audio form read by a real person with no drama or background music. All the audio is embedded so you can listen at any time, without the need for a wireless connection.
The audio is the recording of a real person reading carefully and slowly in an American accent without dramatic effect or background music which many find distracting. If you find it too fast or slow for your preference, you can adjust the playback speed while still maintaining the natural voice sound. You can hear a sample of the actual audio by going to this URL in your browser:
The program remembers the audio position so you can start listening where you last left off. The audio will keep playing even after the screen is locked so you can save battery power while continuing to listen.
The program is simple to use
- Touch the book icon to select the Book/Chapter/Verse to start at
- You can fast forward, rewind, pause, and skip forward and back chapters & verses.
- Read along with scripture text presented in synch with the audio
- Navigate by Book, chapter and verse
- Sleep timer
- Repeat playback between books/chapters/verses
- Change audio speed to suit your taste without affecting the voice sound.
The World English Bible is a public domain Modern English update of the American Standard Version of 1901 and can be found at http://ebible.org/web/
The Old & New Testaments are combined into one app. Two apps are no longer needed.
All features are now included in the initial purchase, no need for in-app upgrades anymore.
Dark Mode Support
- George Dimidik
- 814.2 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2020, George Dimidik, All Rights Reserved
- USD 0.99
- In-App Purchases
- SpokenWord New Testament Features Upgrade USD 0.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.