The public may create a memorial webpage at the Internet Memorial Service website (http://www.memorial.gov.hk) and upload texts, photos and videos to preserve fond memories of their lost loved ones.
An applicant who applies for allocation of a new niche for the deceased, he/she only needs to fill in his/her email address on the application form. FEHD will then create a dedicated memorial webpage displaying the name and date of death of the deceased. The memorial webpage of the deceased will display the expiry date of the interment period on the front page and the related message will pop-up starting two years before expiry of the interment period to remind the related persons of the expiry date of the current interment period. In addition, the related persons can use a dedicated link on the webpage to update the contact list or their contact information.
Family members and friends may create a memorial webpage for a deceased, who met any one of the following conditions:
•cremated at a public crematorium;
•cremains scattered in a Garden of Remembrance of Food and Environmental Hygiene Department or designated Hong Kong waters;
•cremains kept in a public columbarium;
•buried at a public cemetery;
•a Hong Kong resident and whose body or cremated ashes was / were interred or kept in a Hong Kong private cemetery or private columbarium;
•buried at the Gallant Garden/Tribute Garden;
•cremated ashes temporarily kept in temporary storage facilities of Food and Environmental Hygiene Department; or
•keeping of abortuses in the facility for keeping of abortuses of Food and Environmental Hygiene Department.
The computer system of Food and Environmental Hygiene Department will verify the information of the deceased who was buried or kept in a Hong Kong private cemetery or private columbarium. If the information cannot be verified, the applicant may have to submit documentary proof. The application will then be handled by designated staff separately.
By simply entering the name of the deceased, the public can search, browse and leave messages in uploaded memorial webpages that are set as open to the public.
Your opinions and suggestions will help us provide better information and service. You are welcome to send us your views via this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Improve accessibility of the mobile application
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent visuals, user-friendliness can be improved
The design is pretty attractive!! A few recommendations for consideration:
1. It would be great to see the settings icon in the landing page instead of in the visitor login page so that I can switch the language when I first visit the app
2. In terms of language setting, it would be great to see both Chinese and English descriptions on language selection (e.g. 語言＼Language) so people can switch to English even when they don’t understand Chinese
3. A bit confused to see the “How to use” page in the visitor login page, I think it would be good to show that at the beginning (instead of a 5s video) so ppl can have a better understanding about your app before getting in.
4. It take me over 30 seconds to wait for the intro and video, which is a bad experience
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your suggested improvements. Our development team will make reference to them in future version updates of our mobile app.
I think this is a very meaningful webpage to memorise our beloved ones who passed away. It was a big relief to me when my father passed away. Can I suggest if it is possible for users to upload their preferred music as the background music which could be more representative to the person in memory. Thank you!
Very good apps, excellent design and user-friendly, help users to mourn anytime and anywhere!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Food and Environmental Hygiene Department
- 46.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 食物環境衞生署