BirdTrack is a tool designed by birders that makes it easy to log what you see wherever you go birdwatching. Once you have set up a free BirdTrack account at www.birdtrack.net, you’ll be able to upload your observations to the global database, allowing you to make comparisons with your own and other birders’ records. At the same time, your data will be available for use in research and conservation at the local, national and global scale.
- Log your bird sightings from anywhere in the world.
- Offline mapping and observation recording, enabling use in places with no data connection.
- Existing BirdTrack users can access the same set of personalised places on both the web and mobile devices.
- Simple +/-/circa buttons to easily add and modify species counts during your birding visit.
- Optional sighting details including breeding evidence, remarkable and sensitive record settings.
- Seldom-recorded species, high counts and out-of-season sightings flagged during verification to alert you to possible data entry errors.
- ‘Targets’ feature to show the most-recorded species that you’ve yet to log this year or ever.
Register for a free BirdTrack account at www.birdtrack.net
Developed by the British Trust for Ornithology, on behalf of the BirdTrack partnership.
Species picker improvements, link to username and password reset, and various minor bug fixes