This is the official DhammaOrg iOS mobile App for Vipassana Meditation as taught by S.N. Goenka in the tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin.
Vipassana, which means to see things as they really are, is one of India's most ancient techniques of meditation. It was taught in India more than 2500 years ago as a universal remedy for universal ills, an Art of Living. Vipassana is the process of self-purification by self-observation. One begins by observing the natural breath to concentrate the mind. Then, with a sharpened awareness, one proceeds to observe the changing nature of body and mind and experiences the universal truths of impermanence, suffering and egolessness. This truth-realization by direct experience results in mental purification.
The technique of Vipassana Meditation is taught at 10-day residential courses during which participants learn the basics of the method, and practice sufficiently to experience its beneficial results. There are no charges for the courses - not even to cover the cost of food and accommodation. All expenses are met by donations from people who, having completed a course and experienced the benefits of Vipassana, wish to give others the opportunity to also benefit.
Courses are given in numerous Meditation Centers and at Non-Center course locations. Each location has its own schedule of courses. In most cases, an application for admission to these courses can be completed online using this App. There are numerous Centers currently in operation and more in development around the world, including Africa, Americas, Asia, Europe, and Oceania.
Features of this App
- Learn more about Vipassana Meditation.
- Find locations near you that offer Vipassana Meditation courses from a complete worldwide listing or map of over 300 locations spread across 80+ countries.
- Locate Vipassana Meditation courses using search criteria such as dates, regions, and instruction languages.
- Apply and register to attend a Vipassana Meditation course.
- Download or listen online to audio resources in different languages, including 10-Day Discourses and instructions for Mini- Ānāpāna meditation.
- Stream videos in different languages, including 10-Day Discourses, Talks, Interviews, and Q&As by S.N. Goenka, Documentaries about Vipassana for adults and children, Vipassana for business executives and Vipassana in prisons, and a Mini-Ānāpāna Introduction and Practice.
- Support for creating and maintaining individual user account
- Pre-fill course application forms with profile information from user account
- Sync user account with updated information provided on application forms
- One hour group sitting recordings in 25+ different languages.
- Play group sitting recordings with an option to log your daily sittings. All logged data is only stored locally on your device.
- Turn on group sitting counter to join and see how many Old Students are currently meditating.
- Find information about group sittings and other events hosted near you or hosted online.
- Additional audio resources, including discourses for Mahāsatipaṭṭhāna Sutta, 1/2/3-day, and 7-day teenager courses; Morning Chantings and Dohas for 10-day courses; Special Chantings; Talks, Interviews, and Q&As by S.N. Goenka; Pāḷi Training; and Gong Sounds.
- Additional video resources, including Mahāsatipaṭṭhāna Sutta Discourses, Benefits of Dhamma Service, Talks, Interviews, and Q&As by S.N. Goenka for Old Students and Dhamma Servers, and Special Chantings in the Gem Set in Gold.
- A wealth of written resources including the Old Student Guide, Course Formalities and Pāḷi Passages, Group Sittings Chantings, the 10-Day Discourse Summaries, Glossary of Pāḷi Terms, FAQs about doing a Self Course, information about the Chain of Teachers in this Tradition, information about Dhamma Service, and Dāna.
- Administer standard or customized self courses
- Filter Library content for different audiences e.g. for public vs. child / teen etc.
- Maintain detailed course history as part of the user account
- Updated localization
- Bug fixes
Right after the 10 days courses, I tried to download the audio from website but failed to do it. With this app, I can do the group sitting with teacher’s chanting and instruction with daily discourse. Plus, there’s automatic log to record my daily practice ! Please try to promote the app after the 10 days course on top of the website because for my course, only website is mentioned but this one is much more convenient
Very good app
Can use this to practice the everyday meditation with the sound recording just like when doing the group meditation in the class. Also can hear back the 10 nights teaching again here, no need to go to the website to download the mp3 version and try to revert it to iPhone. Thanks for making this app! Really make my everyday meditation practice more easy!
- SAYATGYI U BA KHIN MEMORIAL TRUST OF MASSACHUSSETS, INC
- 83.1 MB
- 須使用 iOS 11.0 或以上版本。
- 須使用 iPadOS 11.0 或以上版本。
- iPod touch
- 須使用 iOS 11.0 或以上版本。
- 須使用 macOS 11.0 或以上版本及配備 Apple M1 晶片的 Mac。
北印度文， 印度泰盧固音樂， 古吉拉特文， 德文， 意大利文， 捷克文， 歐利亞文， 法文， 波蘭文， 簡體中文， 繁體中文， 英文， 荷蘭文， 葡萄牙文， 西班牙文， 韓文， 馬拉地文
- © Sayagyi U Ba Khin Memorial Trust of Mass., Inc.