The Transport Department (TD) launched a new version of the "HKeMobility" mobile application.
It provides a one-stop platform for the public to conveniently search for information including routes of different transportation modes, journey time, transport fares, etc. and disseminates real-time traffic news to enhance user experience and facilitate public’s mobility. (including walking, driving, taking public transport, etc.).
The key features of “HKeMobility” includes: -
1. More real-time traffic and public transport information (including speed map, parking vacancy and real-time arrival information);
2. Personalised traffic and transport information (including self-setting short cuts, bookmarking for frequently visit public transport stops, car parks, etc.);
3. Walking route search information covers all 18 districts in Hong Kong. The search function also offers barrier-free route options;
4. Provide elderly mode, to facilitate elderly obtaining traffic and transport information.
Add app hyperlink to shared traffic news
Fix known app issues
Ratings and Reviews
Doesn’t work with dark mode
Have been using this app for quite a while and it’s been working for me, however it becomes inconvenient as it doesn’t fit in dark mode - most of the words (especially the numbers in changing departure time) become invisible under dark mode. Please fix and update.
Worst than the previous version
This is definitely a step back in terms of improvement.
The previous version looks outdated as the buttons seem humongous, but at least those very buttons were very responsive.
On the flip side, the new version looks nice and sleek with it's small buttons and various layouts and pages. BUT (with a big one)... it is extremely laggy and freezes when you press on buttons that changes the page. And once it does, you need to wait at least 10 seconds for it to load to the next page, just so you can press and wait again, repeat that a few times and you’ll eventually get to you page.. if you get fortunate enough that the app doesn’t reset itself.
And choosing the elderly version won’t help the situation at all. (And the design of this is just plain illogical, how can elderly get used to small buttons with so many changing pages..)
All in all, I used to use this a lot when it’s the old version, it’s as simple as it gets for you to check a wide range of public transportation with quick accurate precision.
But this new one is just terrible and it’s just complicating things instead of simplifying them. Definitely the most un-user friendly HK public transportation search app.
p.s. the only “mobility” part of this HKeMobility app is that you need to move a lot of pages to get to what you need... disappointed...
p.s.2 shouldn’t this app be focusing on user friendly and simplicity?
Add Taxi Stop info.
I think the Mobile App can add Real-time condition of each taxi station 的士站. For example the low resolution image every minute or the estimated number of Taxi and People waiting in the line. It is much helpful for people to consider to go to that station or not. Also for Taxi Driver to decide go there wait for queue. 避免人等車 or 車等人. This can really better utilise the resource. TD really don’t have to waste effort do something Google or Bus App already done. Better focus on something that only government can provide instead of doing something already provide by others.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Transport Department of the Government of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
- 72.5 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Transport Department, HKSAR Government