Sleep trouble? Sleep better with Pillow, your smart sleep assistant. Pillow can analyze your sleep cycles automatically using your Apple Watch, or you can use Pillow without an Apple Watch by placing your iPhone or iPad on the mattress near your pillow.
Use Pillow as a smart alarm clock to wake you up at the lightest possible sleep stage and start your day refreshed and relaxed. Record important audio events such as snoring, sleep apnea and sleep talking. Explore trends about your sleep and compare your sleep quality with ten Apple Health metrics that affect sleep.
Fall asleep faster with Pillow’s carefully selected sleep aid sounds and get personalized insights and tips about sleep using Pillow’s unique Snooze lab feature.
Pillow has been featured in: The New York Times, Forbes, The Guardian, BuzzFeed, The Washington Post, TechCrunch, MacStories and has been rated by many as one of the best sleep tracking apps for the Apple Watch and iPhone.
Join the millions that have discovered the life-changing benefits of great sleep!
- Just wear your Apple Watch during sleep. Pillow will automatically detect and analyze your sleep
- Sleep calendar: Pillow can detect sleep sessions from past dates.
- View last night’s report on your Apple Watch or iPhone
- Automatic sleep tracking does not require the Apple Watch app to be installed
- Get your sleep analysis report automatically as soon as Pillow detects sleep.
- Alarms & Audio recordings are not available in automatic mode
- Track your sleep with your Apple Watch, iPhone or iPad by pressing start when you go to sleep and pressing stop when you wake up.
- Smart wakeup: Pillow will wake you up at the lightest possible sleep stage
SLEEP & HEART RATE ANALYSIS
- Advanced sleep analysis algorithm, based on the latest scientific findings in sleep research
- View your heart rate graph overlaid on top of your sleep analysis graph
- Detailed sleep stage diagram (Awake, REM, Light Sleep, Deep Sleep) and sleep session statistics like time to sleep, time in bed and more
LISTEN TO IMPORTANT AUDIO EVENTS DURING SLEEP
- Records sounds during your sleep
- Play, export or delete any audio recording
COMPARE YOUR SLEEP QUALITY WITH APPLE HEALTH
- Pillow updates Apple Health’s Sleep category automatically
- Compare your sleep quality with many Apple Health categories that affect sleep
SLEEP AID MELODIES AND WAKE UP SOUNDS
- Carefully selected wake up sounds
- Select any song from your iTunes library to use as an alarm
- Sleep aid melodies and ambient soundscapes to help you fall asleep
- Optional vibration settings (iPhone only)
- Pillow analyzes your sleep cycles and suggests the best time to go to bed. Pillow can notify you when your optimal bedtime approaches
- Personalized experiments & recommendations.
- Regularly updated with the latest scientific research and sleep-related facts
SLEEP TRENDS & STATISTICS
- Explore your sleep history with Week, Month, Year and All Time overviews
SECURELY BACKUP AND SYNCHRONIZE & EXPORT YOUR SLEEP DATA
- Sync your sleep data and audio recordings between your devices
- Connect to your Runkeeper account to automatically update your sleep data and share it with other apps
- Select between powernap, recovery and full cycle naps
MOOD REPORTING & SLEEP NOTES
- Track your mood when you wake up
- Add your notes to every sleep session and discover how they affect your sleep quality
PREMIUM FEATURES INCLUDE: (One-time purchase. No subscriptions or hidden fees.):
- Unlimited sleep history
- Weekly, Monthly, Yearly, sleep trends
- Listen to your sound recordings
- Nap Modes
- Access to all wake-up melodies
- Access to all sleep aid programs
- Snooze lab: Personalised sleep tips
- Compare your sleep quality with Apple Health metrics
- Wakeup melodies from your iTunes library
- Database export in CSV format
- Fixes with recorded night sounds not being played back for certain users
- Stability fixes
Ratings and Reviews
How does smart wake up work?
Gonna buy the full app but something has to be clear before I do that. While setting the mode to be auto, how does the app woke me up at a desired time?
For example, I go to bed at midnight, planning to wake up by 7:30am. I thought by setting my sleeping goals at 8 hours, and turning on smart wake up and choose the time to be 30 mins, the app would wake me up anytime within the 30 mins of my sleeping goal, provided that I’m not in the deep sleep stage, but that s not the case, i don’t see anything going off, not the alarm, not any vibration. So how does it actually work? Am I missing something? In what way does it wake me up? I’m using it with my Apple Watch.
Developer Response ,
Hello! Kindly note that when you are using Pillow's automatic mode to track your sleep it is not possible to set an alarm due to current technical limitations. If you select one of Pillow's manual modes that support the alarm function then the "Smart Wake up" feature will wake you up at the best possible moment, i.e. when you are at a light sleep stage, within the chosen 30 minute window. If you require further assistance please do not hesitate to contact our support team. To contact support: Open Pillow on your iPhone → Tap on the Settings icon → Select ‘Helpdesk'
Since the update, Pillow doesn’t notify me to sleep 30 minutes before sometimes. Please fix this issue. Also, the ‘turn off screen’ function does not turn off the screen entirely, it only turns the screen black. The screen turns off entirely only if I cover the ear piece. Is this a limitation of iOS or a bug? Please reply. I really like using Pillow every night.
Developer Response ,
Hello, could you please contact our support team to help you? To contact support: Open Pillow on your iPhone → Tap on the Settings icon → Select 'Helpdesk'.
UI conflicts with iPhone X gestures
I'd love to give a 5 start review, but the gestures used to navigate the app conflict with the iPhone X gestures: Swiping up on the start button often gets confused with swiping up to close the app and changing the sleep modes by swiping left right gets confused with changing apps. This however is not the developers fault, they will just have to tweak the UI a little and this will be fixed.
Developer Response ,
Hello! We’re glad you are enjoying Pillow. We're working on re-design of Pillow that will address the mode switching in Pillow as well. Thank you for your patience!
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Neybox Digital Ltd.
- 283.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Czech, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Neybox Digital
- In-App Purchases
- Pillow Premium HK$ 38.00
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.