RICOH Smart Device Connector lets you quickly access a RICOH multifunction printer (MFP) or projector by registering it with a smart device via Bluetooth Low Energy, a QR code, or the IP address or hostname of an MFP.
- Print or project documents and images stored on a smart device or on Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive.
- Print emails, file attachments, and webpages.
- Print from print server.
- Scan to a smart device or to Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive.
- Project documents and images on a smart device or in Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, or Microsoft OneDrive. to a RICOH projector and the RICOH Interactive Whiteboard.*
- Project emails, file attachments, and webpages.
- Save documents that have been annotated on the RICOH Interactive Whiteboard.
- Added support for Apple TV to project the movie file.
- Conduct user authentication by using a smart device.
- Automatically search for available machines on the same network.**
- Print Microsoft Office documents. ***
Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, Catalan, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified), Czech, Denmark, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Vietnamese
*RICOH Interactive White Board D6500/D5510 requires firmware v1.7 or later.
**Except for the RICOH Interactive Whiteboard.
***Layout might change.
-The manual has been revised.
Ricoh Print and Scan is still a bit better
The new smart Device connector app have several improvements and new features. However, there is one big fallback. My company uses tablet to print PDF with images on it everyday. The old print and scan app allows us to switch off the 'direct PDF printing' feature to maintain the image quality. However, this lacks in the new connectors app and will make the app not practical.(air print also makes the image in a PDF pixelated, the only solution is to use the print and scan app and turn off direct PDF printing.)
Can’t connect to my printer
If possible would like to rate it -5 stars. Waste of memory on my phone.
The app doesn’t support iCloud Drive
I can’t import the documents from The New file app in iOS