"Head and shoulders above the crowd is The Photographer’s Ephemeris. Odd name, great app." - National Geographic
"One of the most useful apps for any nature photographer" - Outdoor Photographer Magazine
"It worked perfectly. The program was dead on…" - National Geographic
"One of the most powerful photography applications that I've seen, one that you'll be using for years and years." - AdoramaTV
The Photographer's Ephemeris (TPE) helps plan outdoor photography shoots in natural light, particularly landscape and urban scenes. It's a map-centric Sun, Moon and Milky Way calculator: see how the light will fall on the land, day or night, for any location on earth.
Whether you need at-a-glance information on today's sun, moon and Milky Way data for your current location, or need to plan a precise alignment of the full moon for a future shoot, TPE has the tools you need. The combination of augmented reality, line-of-sight analysis and visual search supports the most sophisticated photo planning needs.
Night mode features a 3D representation of the Milky Way, pole stars and major constellations directly over the map, so you can easily visualize exactly how to align your shot.
Research and save your own list of favorite photographic locations, using 7 different map types (including 2 offline maps) and save them in your locations list. Favorite locations are always displayed right on the map.
Advanced features including visual sun and moon search, automatic time zone and elevation detection, correction for atmospheric refraction and height above the horizon, ensuring that you have the best possible information for planning your shoot.
You can even determine when the sun or moon will rise from behind nearby hills and mountains.
- Time/direction of sun, moon, and galactic center rise/set
- View azimuth and altitude of sun/moon and the galactic center for any time of day/night
- Milky Way, stars and asterisms visualization via 3D map overlay
- Moon phase and % illumination
- Civil, nautical and astronomical twilight
- 2 topographic maps
- 2 offline map types
- Movable map pins: drag and drop the pin exactly where you need it
- Map autorotation using the compass (on compatible devices)
- Shadow lengths displayed to scale on map
- Save any location you want: no fixed lists
- Celestial events including moon phases, apogee, perigee, solstice, equinox
- Network connection not required for rise/set time, azimuths and sun/moon position
- Augmented reality view for on location scouting
- Saved location synchronization between devices and the free TPE web app
- Automatic time zone detection
- Elevation above sea level
- Distance, bearing and elevation angle between any two points
- Location import/export from KML
- Magnetic north option
- Configurable timeline display
- Sun/moon transit times
- 'Golden hour' time/duration
- Light pollution overlay
- Line of sight analysis
- Find when the sun/moon will appear from behind a hill or ridge
- Advanced visual sun and moon search
- Azimuth or altitude search priority
- New crescent moon visibility
- Distance to the visible horizon
Available map types include:
- Standard, Satellite/Hybrid, Terrain
- OpenCycleMap Topographic
Sunrise/sunset color forecasts are available (covering lower 48, southern Canada and Europe) with a subscription to the Skyfire service, available via in-app purchase.
- Maps and elevation-based calculations require a data connection, except for offline map tiles previously downloaded and stored on your device
- Topographic map data is available only between 60°N and 47°S
- Availability of map types is subject to change, due to 3rd party map service availability, terms or conditions
- The app itself supports only English language at present
- Augmented reality requires an iPhone 6s (or later), iPad Pro or 2017 model and iOS 11 or later
- New: search web service is included in the services status page
- Bug fixes
- New: support for what3words
- New: updated Locations page
- Updated: the World Magnetic Model has been updated to 2020-2025
- Improved: even better coordinate parsing - TPE supports a wide variety of formats conveniently in a single field
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
What3words: we're delighted to add support for what3words. what3words provides a unique three word address for any location on earth. Find out more at what3words.com.
We've refreshed the Locations page to make it simpler to navigate. Saved locations now have their own dedicated page - you can filter your locations by name and favorites, as before.
Search is broken out into two new screens. Type address or place name into the Address/Place search field and TPE will suggest matches as you type. You can enter a three word address too!
When you open the Coordinates Search page, TPE automatically shows the red map pin position (or grey if geodetics is enabled). You can type or paste in any latitude/longitude coordinate into the field and we'll convert it to a usable location you can save. We automatically display nearby places and the corresponding three word address. You can add these directly to your saved locations list, or use them to set the map pins.
Please send your feedback and suggestions to email@example.com - we'd love to hear from you.
If you're enjoying TPE, a review on the App Store is really helpful and lets us keep improving the app.
- Crookneck Consulting LLC
- 60.9 MB
須使用 iOS 12.0 或以上版本。兼容 iPhone、iPad、iPod touch。
德文， 法文， 英文， 西班牙文
- © 2010 – 2020 Crookneck Consulting LLC
- HK$ 78.00
- App 內購買
- Skyfire (3-months) HK$ 78.00
- Skyfire Plus (3-months) HK$ 118.00
- Upgrade to Skyfire Plus (3-months) HK$ 48.00