Ultrasonic Analyzer is a real-time spectrum, spectrogram, oscilloscope and octave RTA analyzer for your iPhone or iPad. It can give you a visual representation of many ultrasounds using a sampling rate up to 384kHz**. You have the opportunity to listen to transposed ultrasounds* and analyze them in real-time. For sounds normally impossible to hear you can also use slowed-down playback.
Ultrasonic Analyzer can be used to analyze the calls of different animals (bats, dolphins), measure the frequency response of hi-end audio equipment or ultrasonic sensors. You can also analyze any imported audio file into a spectrogram context.
- Sampling rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 96kHz, 192kHz, 200kHz, 250kHz, 384kHz
- Listening to transposed ultrasounds during recording feature*
- Spectrogram analyzer (color, black and white)
- Spectrum analyzer
- Oscilloscope (full FFT window size)
- Octave RTA analyzer: bands - full, 1/3, 1/6, 1/12 (RMS values)
- Max/min Octave RTA values
- SPL Meter (dBFS)
- Fast real-time response
- Variable frequency resolution of the spectrogram
- Variable between FFT computations time interval (available smaller than 1ms!)
- Fast Fourier Transform (FFT)
- Window sizes: 256, 512, 1024, 2048, 4096, 8192, 16384, 32768, 65536
- Recording trigger (triggered by frequencies in the specified frequency band)
- Zoom and pan all charts
- Measure values in all charts
- Playback back analysis (just tap on the spectrogram and play)
- Transposition during playback
- Slow down playback – transpose required octaves down
- PIP (picture-in-picture), allows the simultaneous analysis on the spectrogram chart and Second chart: Octave RTA, Spectrum or Oscilloscope
- Audio input can be supplied via the built-in microphone and an external microphone (via the USB camera adapter or through the iPhone/iPad dock connector – Core Audio compliant devices)
- Sharing charts and audio recordings (through mail, social networks, clipboard)
- Exporting to the iOS Document Browser (supports iCloud): audio recordings (wav) and image charts (png)
- Importing audio files from another application or from the iOS Document Browser (supports iCloud)
- Many formats supported for audio file import: wav, caf, aac, mp3
- Automatic conversion from other sampling rates for imported files
- Frequency scale: linear and logarithmic
- Amplitude scale: linear and logarithmic SPL/RMS (dBFS)
- SPL meter weighting: dBZ - linear
- Variable spectrograms length (depends on set resolution)
Tested with (via the USB camera adapter):
- Dodotronic Ultramic200K, Ultramic250K, Ultramic384K
- Pettersson M500-384
- Avisoft-UltraSoundGate 116Un
Make sure you use the latest iOS update.
*Use an external microphone with ultrasonic capabilities through a USB camera adapter or through the iPhone/iPad dock connector.
**For real-time ultrasonic analysis use an external microphone with ultrasonic capabilities through a USB camera adapter or through the iPhone/iPad dock connector. You can also import files recorded on an external device.
- iOS 11, iPhone X ready
- Import and export audio recordings to and from the iOS 11 Document Browser (supports iCloud)