"My Library" (the app), developed and maintained by the Leisure and Cultural Services Department (LCSD) of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government, provides a safe and convenient channel to access the services of the Hong Kong Public Libraries. Through the app, members of the public can:
> access to and Management of multiple library accounts
> viewing of transaction history
> search, reserve and renew library materials
> save and retrieve library materials in My Lists
> check the addresses and opening hours of public libraries
> locate the nearest libraries via GPS
> use personalised alert services to receive notifications, including pick-up notices and due date reminders
> search library materials by scanning the ISBN barcode
> share the information of library materials to friends through e-mail, instant messaging tools and social sharing platforms
> paying overdue fines and reservation fees by mobile payment services
Personal Information Collection Statement
1. The personal data collected in the app will only be used for processing your library account or handling your enquiry.
2. The personal data required in the app include your library card number/Hong Kong identity card number and your library account password. Whether you store your personal data in the app is optional. If you have logged in with your Hong Kong identity card number, it will be converted and saved as a library card number.
3. The app will collect the device model, system version, usage and login records as general statistical data for helping the LCSD compile statistics or diagnosing system problems, so as to enhance the app and facilitate your use of our library services.
4. The app will obtain your location data via GPS and show you the nearest public libraries and any related information. Your location data will not be saved in the app.
5. The function of direct phone calling to branch libraries is provided in the app, but it will not collect any personal data.
6. The personalized library information notification service provided in the app will send the identifier of your device together with your alert messages to Apple Inc., from whom the messages will be pushed to your device.
Add new accessibility features
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Need Improvement for iPhone X
The top left or top right buttons are so hard to click, requires multiple tries. The top bar somewhat overlaps with the system clock and status icons. The background off the top bar is also off, half white half green, overall the top section is not done properly!
With new security feature, it is ok to change password. However, what should one do, if you forget current password. Current password is must before changing to new
Improve the due date reminder
It should be more convenient that a new function could allow us to add due dates of books on calendar apps, not only that in ios but also other same type of apps.
- Leisure and Cultural Services Department, Hong Kong SAR Government
- 12.5 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Leisure and Cultural Services Department, Hong Kong SAR Government
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.