BRAIN-FRIENDLY DICTIONARY - visit http://wordflex.com for a full-length video, media reviews and more.
Developed exclusively for iPad and with rich content from the Oxford University Press, this fun, fascinating tool offers a truly engaging reference for word lovers of all ages and interests. By using your fingers to manipulate word trees, you will experience language as an interactive adventure, and will find information quickly and easily.
Wordflex is the tool of choice for:
• Writers looking for just the right word to add meaning to their text.
• Students who want learning to be more fun, exciting and viral.
• Teachers building visuals for lesson plans.
• Crosswords and word games fanatics.
• Word nerds and logophiles digging deep into linguistic complexities.
• Artists and decorators looking for ways to bring art and meaning into a space (via high-resolution output capabilities).
Great Use for Even the Base Price
Base price allows you to explore full mind-maps of 5 unique words per day and share them via social media. For more serious learners, writers, and logophiles, ‘linguistic nirvana’ can be reached by unlocking the Full version: for a small fee this removes all quotas and adds sharing of high-resolution word posters via email, print and the photo library (owners of any previous paid version are not required to pay again).
6th Year on the AppStore
• Featured in ‘New & Noteworthy’, ‘What's Hot’, ‘Back to School’ and even ‘iPad's App of the Week’.
• 5-star user reviews
Rapturous Media Reviews
‘Truly an app worthy of iPad…’ – Nate Adcock, iPhoneLife
‘One of those “wow” apps…’ – Karen Freeman, AppAdvice
‘Visually stunning and aesthetically satisfying, Wordflex has taken the English Oxford Dictionary to the next level.’- Asam Shah, TheNextWeb
‘Caution: If you’re a word geek, it's easy to spend hours…’ – The MacTrack
‘A spectacular demonstration of how tablet technology can meaningfully put massive data at the fingertips of learners.’ - EducatingApps
‘Logophiles Rejoice! It is so easy to use and thorough that it may convert an emergency-only dictionary reader into a meaning-obsessed daily user.’ - iPad2Wallpaper
• Tree-based view that allows natural navigation of even the most complex entries.
• Three of Oxford's flagship titles with latest coverage of both American and British English compiled into one extensive information resource with over two million ‘language mind-nodes’.
• Intuitive gestures that mimic the elemental fun of exploring a language.
• Functionality to share word posters via social media, email or large-scale print.
• Ability to slide from one tree to another and back quickly and seamlessly.
• Human-voiced pronunciations in both American and British English.
• Tailor-made illustrations.
• Off-line content - except for sharing word posters, no network needed.
• Action history and bookmarking of any specific point.
• A ‘fly-through’ that randomly presents words and other language features.
Powered by Oxford's extensive language research program, including the Oxford English Corpus which contains over 2 billion words of real 21st century English, the following titles have been integrated into Wordflex, together with their latest 2014 updates.
• Oxford Dictionary of English (ISBN9780199571123)
The foremost single-volume authority on the English language with 355,000 words, phrases and definitions, 12,000 encyclopedic entries, and 68,000 examples.
• New Oxford American Dictionary (ISBN9780195392883)
Similar in extent and scope to the title above, this is Oxford’s flagship of U.S. English.
• Oxford Thesaurus of English (ISBN9780199560813)
The gold standard of comprehensive synonym and antonym resources.
- Bug fixes
- Minor functional and performance enhancements
- Small adjustment to the price model (owners of any previous paid version don't need to pay again).
My good accompany!
Useful and enjoyable!
This is a good app
I am an English teacher in HK so I am very aware of what I am using for looking up unfamiliar words. This one is a good one by Oxford. The reason is simple: it is a groundbreaking way to learn words. I've been playing with this app for hours after I installed it. Get it or you are a loser
Online mind-map thesauruses have been around for several years. Some are pretty good and some are not so good. And they all share a common shortcoming: lacking the support of a reliable publisher of dictionary. For this reason, I purchased this application with a lot of aspiration. However, after using it, I found it utterly user-UNfriendly. They even lack the function of checking the exact definition of the collates and synonyms on the same page with the key term. Instead you are redirected to the mind map of the other words. In addition, the layout is clumsy. You find that when the branching needs space, all the words are crowded together. When you don't need so much space, the branching is way too far away from the main page. I hope OUP could find a better partner soon, or else it's just a waste!
開發者Robert Scheiner並未向 Apple 提供其私隱慣例及資料處理方式的詳細資料。詳情請參閱開發者的私隱政策。
開發者下次提交 App 更新時須提供私隱詳細資料。
- Robert Scheiner
- 825.8 MB
- 須使用 iPadOS 7.0 或以上版本。
- 須使用 macOS 11 或以上版本及配備 Apple M1 晶片的 Mac。
- 9+ 偶爾/輕度的粗俗用語或低俗幽默
- © 2012 Robert Scheiner
- App 內購買項目
- Full version / unlimited features HK$ 28.00