Be among the first!
The first smart banking in Croatia is now on mobile phone and tablet and brings a new perspective to money.
What has George in store for you:
• George makes it easy: self-transfers, Bill Payments and domestic transfers - easy, fast and go!
• George knows them all: With Autosuggest you transfer your George contacts even faster. You know the name, George the IBAN.
• Scan & Pay & smile please: transfer faster via camera.
• Accounts & Co: Keep track of your finances. Live and in color.
• Go faster: With shortcuts from the account list directly to the desired function.
• Easy Going: Fast and secure access to George with Easy Access and your phone's lock (eg fingerprint, PIN).
And there's more: George is constantly being expanded with innovative features.
To experience George on mobile/tablet, you need an account with Erste bank as well as a valid George account.
In the new version of the George app, you can see the dual display of the balance on your accounts – both HRK and EUR.
Ratings and Reviews
Old mBanking app was more intuitive!
Developers should really try to make this app more intuitive as some of the menus are now too hidden and not accessible as in mBanking application, as for example “bill paying” option where you pay bills by scanning qr code...Furthermore, support for Croatian language is not available and this would be very desirable and somewhat expected since this is the app for the Croatian market. I will continue using mBanking and this point and will transition to George once it becomes a more complete product...so far it is too rough on the edges still. Please make it better!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that George has not met your expectations so far. We are aware that this is a significant change in the user experience for our clients and that changing habits is always uncomfortable at first. Still, we encourage you to give George a chance. We hope that George's new functionalities such as the display of all products that the user has in the bank, the possibility of quick and focused search by various criteria, as well as the George Store where you can purchase a savings plan, insurance or even a loan without coming to the bank will help make your financial life easier. We also want to point out that the development of the App does not end with the launch and that many other options will be added soon. In order to make the transition as easy and fast as possible, we have prepared answers to frequently asked questions with accompanying pictorial instructions in order to make it easier for you to get to know George. Find them here: erstebank.hr/gcpp. For all questions related to George, we are at your disposal at 072 555 555 or at email@example.com. :)
Cannot activate app
In my case, the app does not even work. I have already m-banking installed and active, i have installed George app and tried to activate it via m-banking. The app switches two times between m-banking and George asking me my m-token (fingerprint) and finally Error message appears: “An error has occurred. Please try again later.” I have tried later couple of times, even after rebooting the phone, but no luck. The other option is to visit bank office to get the activation codes, which is actually not an option, especially if this one is advertised that you do not need to come to the bank. Since in the past i have had not so positive experience from Erste bank developer team it is nothing strange for me to see the app not working really. Think i will hold onto m-banking app until is not available to use anymore. George is definitely still “under construction”. Regards, Leo
Developer Response ,
Dear Leo, we are sorry to hear you have experienced difficulties while trying to activate George. After installing George, you need to open mBanking first and open mToken. Then select "Manage mToken" and request the issuance of a new mToken. Write down the activation codes (Identification code and SMS code) and open the George App and select "Sign in". Enter the activation codes and complete the process. For all questions related to George, we are also available at 072 555 555 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Great bank, very mediocre app
I like Erste Bank and what it stands for, inclusivity, however the George App is void of any character and not intuitive to use. My suggestions to the developers are:
1. Make the UI more expressive and less one dimensional. All information is in simple boxes. The app has no character!
2. Automatically catagorize transactions. If I make a purchase as Spar it’s most likely for Groceries. Learn from how I categorize transactions. If I’m always categorizing purchases at Jimmy’s Steakhouse as “Restaurant” mark all future transaction at Jimmy’s Steakhouse “Restaurant”
3. Automatically categorize Erste banking fees as “Fees”
4. Show spending dashboard and purchase trends on homepage. Make the first screen I see interesting and informative!!!
5. I use mobile token a lot (e-Citizen). Make it easier to find in the app.
6. Allow me to Edit standing orders! Sometimes I want to change the delivery date of a standing order. Currently I can’t edit the existing standing order. I have to delete it and create an entirely new one.
I hope this feedback is useful!! Erste is a progressive fun bank, and the George App should represent that! 🚀🚀🚀
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Erste & Steiermarkische Bank d.d.
- 221.7 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Croatian, Czech, German, Hungarian, Romanian, Slovak, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © Erste&Steiermärkische Bank d.d.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.