GarageBand turns your iPad, and iPhone into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. And with Live Loops, it makes it easy for anyone to have fun creating music like a DJ. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play keyboards, guitars, and create beats that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug in a guitar or bass and play through classic amps and stompbox effects. Use a Touch Instrument, microphone, or a guitar and instantly record a performance with support for up of 32 tracks. Use the Sound Library to download additional free instruments, loops and sound packs created by some of the biggest producers in the world. And then share your song with friends and family.
Live Loops. Make music like a DJ
• Use Multi-Touch to tap and trigger a Live Loop cell or group of cells
• Get started with templates or build your own grid from scratch with Apple Loops
• Create custom loops by recording directly into a cell using any Touch Instrument
• Use Remix FX to perform DJ-style effects
• Tap record to capture your performance
Play your iPad, and iPhone, like a musical instrument
• Play a variety of musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Play and record using the Alchemy Touch Instrument
• Build grooves inspired by classic electronic drum machines with the Beat Sequencer
• Download free instruments, loops and sound packs for GarageBand with the Sound Library
• Capture any sound and apply studio-class effects
• Recreate legendary guitar or bass rigs using virtual amps & stompboxes
• Record performances from third-party music apps directly into GarageBand using Audio Unit Extensions*
Drummer for iOS
• Add virtual session drummers to your song, who take direction and play realistic grooves
• Choose from acoustic, electronic drummers and percussionists**
• Each character provides their own sound and the ability to create over a million realistic grooves and fills
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Play an entire string orchestra using Smart Strings
• Perform with Chord Strips and autoplay using any keyboard instrument
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds
• Strum chords or trigger autoplay patterns on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar
Create a song anywhere you go
• Record, arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops***
• Record multiple times over any song section and choose your favorite using Multi-Take Recording
• Use professional mixing effects, including Visual EQ, Bitcrusher, and Overdrive
• Recording, mixing and exporting a song can be done at 24-bit audio resolution
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Automate the volume and record the movement of controls on Touch Instruments
• Add comments or lyric ideas to your song with an integrated notepad
Share your songs
• Keep your songs up to date across all devices using iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Share your songs using email or Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud****
• Remotely add new tracks to your Logic Pro X project from your iPhone or iPad via iCloud
* Requires compatible third-party Audio Unit Extensions apps from the App Store.
** Requires free download from GarageBand Sound Library.
*** Multitrack recording requires a compatible third-party audio interface.
**** Sharing to Facebook and YouTube requires iMovie.
• Stability improvements and bug fixes
• Contains multiple enhancements to Accessibility
Ratings and Reviews
After the last update which was some minths ago, the app started “optimizing” a lot of songs involving alchemy synth which is horribly slow and makes it very hard to create music. After every optimization songs become 1gb large which is unacceptable with only 64gb storage space, especially when having more iterations as a backup of a song. Crashes are less frquent since this but this is an insanely bad solution for crashes. Also pls add a curve editor for alchemy etc. synth tuning (attack etc.), the current way is verx counter productive (editing tracks messes up the settings, swapping synths removes the tuning etc.)
Voice recording issue
I have the same issue in iPhone11 voice recording not works properly. And also sometimes it is recognize only one finger when playing piano.
Please bug fix this great application !!
May big favorite many years :-)
Since the new update it keeps crashing randomly, freezing when scrolling in a track and optimizing each and every time I press redo or undo. Audio recording seldom works, which I can only notice after recording for a few minutes, realising only then that I need to start over. To get the audio recording to work I have to re-open the app, then what a suprise, it starts optimizing again, which takes a few minutes with an almost full-length track. It’s been nothing but a headache lately.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Distribution International
- 1.7 GB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2021 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.