Transform your Mac into smart digital paper and a powerful document management system.
Use the same features from GoodNotes' iPad version on your Mac and work with your documents where you want and when you want.
CREATE, IMPORT, AND EDIT DOCUMENTS ON YOUR MAC
* Create digital notebooks and type text with your keyboard or write and draw with the mouse/trackpad or the Apple Pencil using Sidecar on your iPad
* Import PDF and images to annotate them in GoodNotes
* Add documents from your Mac to existing GoodNotes notebooks via drag and drop
PAPERLESS DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT
* Organize your documents in folders and create unlimited subfolders
* Mark your most important documents, pages, and folders as Favorites to access them quickly
* Create custom outlines for easier navigation through your documents
* Instant export of documents or pages as PDF via drag and drop
ALL YOUR NOTES ALWAYS WITH YOU
* Sync your latest changes to your iPad, iPhone, and other Macs using iCloud
* Prepare documents on your Mac and pick them up on another device to continuously work on them
ESCAPE THE LIMITS OF ANALOG PAPER
* Move, resize, and rotate your handwriting or change colors
* Draw perfect shapes and lines with the Shapes Tool
* powerful & smart eraser tool: Choose to erase the entire stroke or only parts of it. Set it to "Erase Highlighter Only" to leave the ink intact
* Navigate through imported PDFs with existing hyperlinks
This version includes changes that require updating GoodNotes on all your devices.
- Minor adjustments to look and feel of document tabs
- Minor improvements related to iCloud sync
- Other minor bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A Medical Student Opinion
Having tried all of the “recomended” note taking app (Notability, Goodnotes 4 and 5, Nebo..), I think GoodNotes is the overall best among them, and that is what I would recomend to anyone. The others may be better in different ways (Notability at it’s recording feature, Nebo at text coverting/text recongnition) but in every other way I find the GoodNotes better or more efficient.
I loved Goodnotes 4 and I was rather excited to upgrade to this version of the app, but boy was I wrong to be excited. The app is shinier and more modern than the one before, but nothing more can be said about it. I had tons of bugs, were annoyed a thousand time while using the app, still gave it some time. But even after some updates, this version still continues to dissapoint me. The eraser is a disaster, the writing is not as smooth as before, in fact, if I dare to erase anything on a page, then that page is as good as rubbish, because the writing starts to lag very heavily. The shape recognition is also close to being useless. Do not buy it, get the Goodnotes 4 instead.
Problems with exporting
I can’t seem to fin a way to export several pages of a botebook to my camera roll. I have to select them one by one instead of selecting them all and saving them at the same time like in GoodNotes 4. It is really annoying and time consuming.
And also, backing up is troblesome; now I can only set my iCloud as a backup space, but the problem with that is that it is always full, so I have to turn it off comletely (I’d love to use Dropbox or GoogleDrive). I really wish that auto-backup button would be in this app too, it was really useful.
Otherwise the app is great, I love writing my learning notes on my iPad 😁
- Time Base Technology Limited
- 172.3 MB
macOS 10.15 or later. Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2020 Time Base Technology Limited
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.