Transform your Mac into smart digital paper and a powerful document management system.
Use the same features from GoodNotes' iPad version on your Mac and work with your documents where you want and when you want.
CREATE, IMPORT, AND EDIT DOCUMENTS ON YOUR MAC
* Create digital notebooks and type text with your keyboard or write and draw with the mouse/trackpad or the Apple Pencil using Sidecar on your iPad
* Import PDF and images to annotate them in GoodNotes
* Add documents from your Mac to existing GoodNotes notebooks via drag and drop
PAPERLESS DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT
* Organize your documents in folders and create unlimited subfolders
* Mark your most important documents, pages, and folders as Favorites to access them quickly
* Create custom outlines for easier navigation through your documents
* Instant export of documents or pages as PDF via drag and drop
ALL YOUR NOTES ALWAYS WITH YOU
* Sync your latest changes to your iPad, iPhone, and other Macs using iCloud
* Prepare documents on your Mac and pick them up on another device to continuously work on them
ESCAPE THE LIMITS OF ANALOG PAPER
* Move, resize, and rotate your handwriting or change colors
* Draw perfect shapes and lines with the Shapes Tool
* powerful & smart eraser tool: Choose to erase the entire stroke or only parts of it. Set it to "Erase Highlighter Only" to leave the ink intact
* Navigate through imported PDFs with existing hyperlinks
- Library view: fix selected tab on sidebar showing blue tint
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A Maths Student opinion
It really like to use this app during my lessons. It is very easy to use. One of favourite options is the lasso tool, I can cut or screenshot the parts of my document. The second one is the auto deselect eraser.
I have some suggestion, too. I really like an
option to open a document in other parts at the same time. Secondly, the shape tool writing thickness should be separately controlable or presser sensitive.
A High School Student opinion
I’ve tried Notability and other recommended note taking apps, such as OneNote, but overall, I decided to use Goodnotes, as it is has the best UI and on-the go features, such as zoom, which helps creating astonishing notes! Another useful feature is how easily I can import images. I just love the ability to draw in them!
As I am hungarian, my notes are mostly hungarian too. However, Goodnotes currently does not support hungarian handwriting to text conversion. ❗️If developers are reading this, please consider developing handwriting recognition for hungarian language too! It would be an honour!❗️
All in all, I use Goodnotes everyday, and it helped me getting more organised and focused on my studies!
I loved Goodnotes 4 and I was rather excited to upgrade to this version of the app, but boy was I wrong to be excited. The app is shinier and more modern than the one before, but nothing more can be said about it. I had tons of bugs, were annoyed a thousand time while using the app, still gave it some time. But even after some updates, this version still continues to dissapoint me. The eraser is a disaster, the writing is not as smooth as before, in fact, if I dare to erase anything on a page, then that page is as good as rubbish, because the writing starts to lag very heavily. The shape recognition is also close to being useless. Do not buy it, get the Goodnotes 4 instead.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Time Base Technology Limited
- 167.8 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2020 Time Base Technology Limited
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.