Environments is a historic catalog of long form field recordings created for the way you live. Whether you need to work, meditate, sleep, or any other use, Environments is the only ambient sound app based on extended recordings created in the 1960s and 70s on analog tape. Environments began as an unprecedented series of vinyl records, garnering widespread acclaim and selling millions of units. Now Environments steps into the mobile age as an invaluable and unique sonic tool for the way YOU live.
• No internet connection required — all recordings are part of the app.
• 23 fully remastered long-form analog recordings, most 30 minutes or more. Not short loops, not white noise — Environments live and breathe like nature itself.
• Simple, intuitive navigation. Unobtrusive, ad-free look and feel evokes a simpler, better time.
• Put your favorite environment on infinite loop, or build your own playlist of favorites.
• Blocks distractions, increases focus and mindfulness, reduces stress, helpful with tinnitus and fussy babies.
• Sounds include ocean waves, birdsongs and dawn chorus, chimes, "be-in", thunderstorms, gentle rain, heartbeat, wind in trees, wordless choir, summer cornfield, creaky sailboat, country stream, country meadow, blizzard, and many more.
• Features informative biography of Environments creator Irv Teibel, along with concise informational screens on individual recordings.
• The only app ever shortlisted for the best historic album Grammy award.
• A co-creation of Syntonic Research, Inc and the Grammy-nominated reissue label Numero Group.
• "It's intuitive, beautifully minimalist, and a perfect evolution of the original work." — Boing Boing
• "A remarkably creative way to reintroduce Teibel’s work and ideas… something great and sublime." — The New Yorker
• "Enjoy nature exactly the way God intended it, as an App." — Vice
• "The music of the future isn't music." — Irv Teibel
Fixes minor navigation bug
- The Numero Group L L C
- 619.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 10.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Numero Group & Syntonic Research Inc
- 1 090 Ft
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.