Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Top selling paid app on iPad App Store, regularly ranked #1.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to enrich their lives. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note-taking experience at school, home, and work.
CREATE MEMORABLE MULTI-MEDIA NOTES
• Work with a variety of note-taking, journaling, and drawing tools like ink, highlighter, text, and audio.
• Explore endless ideas with continuous page scroll.
• Mark up imported textbooks, documents, lecture slides, class assignments, and images.
• Add photos, GIFs, web pages, and more.
STAY ORGANIZED, PAPER-FREE
• Always keep your notes with you, without the weight, the hassle or the paper waste.
• Group notes with customizable subjects and dividers.
• Quickly search handwriting*, typed text, PDF text, image text, and note titles.
• Secure notes using Face ID and Touch ID.
HANDWRITE AND SKETCH NATURALLY
• Ink is fine-tuned for the Apple Pencil for the most responsive, precise writing experience yet, including double-tap gesture for switching tools, erasing, and more.
• Create custom colors and match any color with the color dropper.
• Precisely erase freehand ink or shapes with varied brush sizes.
• Easily create perfect shapes.
• Quickly switch between ink or eraser styles with the Favorites Toolbar.
RECORD AND PLAYBACK AUDIO
• Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
• Replay audio recordings and tap anywhere on your note to hear what was said at that moment.
SHARE IDEAS IN PRESENTATION MODE
• Present ideas in full screen without distracting toolbars when connected to an external display.
• Engage an audience with all of Notability's tools including a Laser Pointer.
DO MORE WITH MULTI-NOTE
• Work with two notes side-by-side.
• Quickly switch between notes and Drag & Drop handwriting, typed text, images, etc.
• Full-featured, left-aligned typing with word count and a wide range of fonts, custom fonts, sizes, and colors.
• Create outlines, interactive checklists, and text boxes.
IMPORT AND SHARE
• Import PDFs, DOCs, PPTs, images, GIFs, and more - conversion to PDF happens on your device, so information stays private.
• Easily create searchable multi-page PDFs using the built-in Document Scanner.
AUTO-BACKUP AND ICLOUD SYNC
• Use iCloud to automatically sync your notes to Notability across iPad, iPhone, and Mac.
• Use Auto-backup to send your notes to a cloud service for archiving or recovery. Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, WebDAV, and OneDrive are all supported!
Customize your note-taking experience in the Notability Shop! Explore an exciting array of content available for purchase:
• *Handwriting Conversion and Search (included with Edu VPP)
• Daily Planner (coming soon)
• Stickers, themes, and more!
Mac app sold separately.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
*** What's New in Notability 10.0.2 ***
• Fixed an issue where the app could freeze
• Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements
*** What's New in Notability 10.0 ***
This is one of our biggest updates! It provides options for customization, artistic tools, and introduces the all-new Notability Shop, which offers an exciting array of in-app purchases.
Features and improvements:
• Favorites Toolbar for quickly switching between ink styles.
• Style Popover menu design that fits more colors, widths, and brushes.
• Draw arrows and curves that snap perfectly into place.
• Dotted and dashed brushes.
Now available in the Notability Shop (more coming soon):
• Stickers, Themes, and more!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
We rely on this sleek, powerful note-taker to annotate documents, record lectures, sketch illustrations, and more. With built-in iCloud support, it’s perfect for keeping notes, documents, and doodles up to date on both iPhone and iPad.
IOS9 & IOS12 not working together
I love this application, I started it on IOS9 device (Ipad Mini)... I am using the app on 2 devices (phone and ipad) after I opened a note in IOS12 on my phone(ios12) I could not open it on my Ipad(ios9) anymore! What can I do? I want to edit my notes on IOS9 too! Thank you in advance
Request to the developers
Dear Notability Team,
I have started using notability a lot in the last two semester. First of all let me thank you for the amazing job you have done with this app. I love using it. I has helped my studies tremendously.
I would also like to emphasis how much I appreciate you ‘fixing’ the highlighter too, so that is is now ‘behind’ the text.
On the other hand, there is one more way, I have in mind, how you could further improve user experience. I have noticed in the past, that most of my time is spent changing colors. What I also noticed, is that, the times I change colors are precisely not the times, when I could afford losing time. (I hope u can understand my last sentence :)) I am not going to lie, the solution I have in mind, is coming from one of your competitors. Regardless, I would like to ask you, if it would be possible for you, to add a 3 color ‘quick-switch’. (For both the pen and the highlighter) In my mind the user would be able to choose 3 colors (or more) to set to the top bar (where you can start your recordings). This would allow a quick switch.
Thanks for reading through. I hope you consider this idea and maybe next semester, all of us students can have an easier time.
- Ginger Labs, Inc.
- 462.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2020
- In-App Purchases
- Back to School Basics Pack
- Handwriting Recognition HUF1,090.00
- Fall HUF349.00
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.