Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Top selling paid app on iPad App Store, regularly ranked #1.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to enrich their lives. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note-taking experience at school, home, and work.
CREATE MEMORABLE MULTI-MEDIA NOTES
• Work with a variety of note-taking, journaling, and drawing tools like ink, highlighter, text, and audio.
• Leave room for ideas with infinite page scroll.
• Mark up imported or scanned textbooks, documents, forms, and images.
• Add photos, GIFs, web pages, and more.
STAY ORGANIZED, PAPER-FREE
• Go paperless and keep your notes with you, without the weight, the hassle or the waste.
• Group notes with customizable subjects and dividers.
• Quickly search handwriting*, typed text, PDF text, image text, and note titles.
• Secure notes using Face ID and Touch ID.
HANDWRITE AND SKETCH NATURALLY
• Create custom colors and match any color with the color dropper.
• Ink is fine-tuned for the Apple Pencil for the most responsive, precise writing experience yet, including double-tap gesture for switching tools, erasing, and more.
• Easily create perfect shapes.
• Precisely erase freehand ink or shapes with varied brush sizes.
RECORD AND PLAYBACK AUDIO
• Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
• Notes are automatically synced with audio recordings so you can replay what was said while you wrote.
SHARE IDEAS IN PRESENTATION MODE
• Present ideas in full screen without distracting toolbars when connected to an external display.
• Engage the audience with all of Notability's tools including a Laser Pointer.
• Use Multi-Note to view a secondary note that stays hidden from the audience while presenting.
DO MORE WITH MULTI-NOTE
• Work with two notes side-by-side.
• Quickly switch between notes with the Note Switcher.
• Drag & Drop handwriting, typed text, images, and more between notes.
• Full-featured, left-aligned typing with word count and a wide range of fonts, custom fonts, sizes, and colors.
• Create outlines, interactive checklists, and text boxes.
• Save time with keyboard shortcuts.
IMPORT AND SHARE
• Import PDFs, DOCs, PPTs, images, GIFs, and more - conversion to PDF happens on your device, so information stays private.
• Annotate imported pictures, lecture slides, and meeting agendas, or complete class assignments.
• Easily create searchable multi-page PDFs using the built-in Document Scanner.
AUTO-BACKUP AND ICLOUD SYNC
• Use iCloud to automatically sync your notes to Notability on iPad, iPhone, and Mac, or to retrieve previous versions of your notes.
• Use Auto-backup to send your notes to a cloud service for archiving or recovery. Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, WebDAV, and OneDrive are all supported!
*Available for in-app purchase (included with Education Volume Purchase Program):
SEARCH AND CONVERT HANDWRITTEN NOTES
• Search for handwritten words from the Library and in the note view in any of our 15 supported languages.
• Convert handwriting to text.
• It all happens on your device, so your information stays private.
Mac app sold separately.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
***What’s new in Notability 9.3.2***
- Added support for rotating text boxes
- Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements
***What’s new in Notability 9.3***
• Present a note to an external display in full screen without toolbars and menus
• Note will crop to the external display aspect ratio so you know what’s being presented
• Laser Pointer
• Use Multi-Note to view a secondary note that stays hidden from the audience while presenting
Single Page Mode:
• Flip through a note horizontally one page at a time
• Works well with Presentation Mode, so pages feel like slides
• Larger page up/down arrows
• Zoom Box can now be enabled with a finger tap while using Apple Pencil
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
We rely on this sleek, powerful note-taker to annotate documents, record lectures, sketch illustrations, and more. With built-in iCloud support, it’s perfect for keeping notes, documents, and doodles up to date on both iPhone and iPad.
Not so bad, some problems
I can’t believe that this app regularly deletes all my notes and then tries to download them again. First i noticed when i went to a long trip to Japan and all my notes were suddenly gone. And it keeps happening, the most fun part now that even they download they dont get assigned back to their folders... for weeks all my notes are a mess and cant get them back. Great!
Update : after some google i hacked together a solution so my notes stay on my ipad. It took me one hour to figure out. It is definitely an annoying bug. Actually the app is quite good but besides this problem recently it started lagging while making notes so the lines appear with a delay. Other than that its quite useful, thanks for the devs reply to my review also.
Developer Response ,
Hello, sorry to hear you're having troubles! I think this article (https://support.gingerlabs.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011137951-Solutions-to-Common-Issues) will really help you sort out these things. Of course, please also feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Could be great...
I like this app, it’s easy to use and I am in love with the way the magnification works. I really only have three problems with it.
No. 1: we can’t have subfolders. I have a lot and here I mean A LOT of documents and already a ton of folders, which are getting harder and harder to navigate between. If a subfolder feature were introduced it would make I believe the lives of not only me but many others way easier.
No. 2: the highlighter... are you kidding me? It’s so horrible, it covers the text! I have thought about switching apps, that’s how much this annoys me. Also, I am not a big fan of the fact that we have to press long in order for our lines to be straight, why can’t it be straight in the first place?
No. 3: pictures are hard to manage. If you want to add a picture, you have to be perfectly aware of the size you want and where you want it because the second you click out of it, it’s close to impossible to change anything about it.
Overall I like the app, it does make taking notes and looking through PDFs easier, these are really the only problems that I’ve experienced up until now.
- Ginger Labs, Inc.
- 248.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2020
- 3 290 Ft
- In-App Purchases
- Winter 349 Ft
- Bubblegum Pack 699 Ft
- Spring 349 Ft
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.