Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice and top-selling paid app worldwide, regularly ranked #1 on the App Store. One purchase provides you with Notability on iPad, Mac, and iPhone.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to enrich their lives. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note-taking experience at school, home, and work.
CREATE MEMORABLE MULTI-MEDIA NOTES
• Work with a variety of note-taking, journaling, and drawing tools like ink, highlighter, text, and audio.
• Explore endless ideas with continuous page scroll.
• Mark up imported textbooks, documents, lecture slides, class assignments, and images.
• Add photos, GIFs, web pages, and more.
STAY ORGANIZED, PAPER-FREE
• Always keep your notes with you, without the weight, the hassle or the paper waste.
• Group notes with customizable subjects and dividers.
• Quickly search handwriting*, typed text, PDF text, image text, and note titles.
• Secure notes using Face ID and Touch ID.
HANDWRITE AND SKETCH NATURALLY
• Handwriting has been fine-tuned to be smooth and expressive using a trackpad, mouse, or Apple Pencil (compatible with Sidecar).
• Create custom colors and match any color with the color dropper.
• Easily create perfect shapes and precisely erase all ink in varied brush sizes.
• Quickly switch between ink or eraser styles with the Favorites Toolbar.
RECORD AND PLAYBACK AUDIO
• Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
• Replay audio recordings and tap anywhere on your note to hear what was said at that moment.
DO MORE WITH MULTI-NOTE
• Multi-Note lets you open multiple notes at once in new windows.
• Easily access your recently opened notes in the Recent Notes subject.
• Full-featured, left-aligned typing with word count and a wide range of fonts, custom fonts, sizes, and colors.
• Create outlines, interactive checklists, and text boxes.
IMPORT AND SHARE
• Import PDFs, DOCs, PPTs, images, GIFs, and more - conversion to PDF happens on your device, so information stays private.
• Share notes via email, AirDrop, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, OneDrive, Link Sharing and more.
AUTO-BACKUP AND ICLOUD SYNC
• Use iCloud to automatically sync your notes to Notability across iPad, iPhone, and Mac.
• Use Auto-backup to send your notes to a cloud service for archiving or recovery. Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, WebDAV, and OneDrive are all supported!
Customize your note-taking experience in the Notability Shop! Explore an exciting array of content available for purchase:
• *Handwriting Conversion and Search (included with Edu VPP)
• Daily Planner
• Stickers, themes, and more!
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
*** What's new in 10.3.4 ***
- Major performance improvements
- Adds option to turn off drag to create text boxes
- Fixes iCloud Conflict resolutions to no longer allow for note editing when you select resolve later
Ratings and Reviews
We rely on this sleek, powerful note-taker to annotate documents, record lectures, sketch illustrations, and more. With built-in iCloud support, it’s perfect for keeping notes, documents, and doodles up to date on both iPhone and iPad.
Dear Ginger Labs!
First if all, I really like your application, it helped me a lot to pass this semester - and probably the next ones too. I don’t have any problems, everything is clear and just works fine.
Although I would like to ask something. Do you think that in the future you will have the possibility to make a note out of my highlights? What I mean here is for example I have a few hundred pages long document and I highlight just a few sentences from every page. It would be cool if I could export only these highlighted sentences to a separate document. ( I hope I didn’t miss this option because the app already has this.)
Thank you for your work!
Request to the developers
Dear Notability Team,
I have started using notability a lot in the last two semester. First of all let me thank you for the amazing job you have done with this app. I love using it. I has helped my studies tremendously.
I would also like to emphasis how much I appreciate you ‘fixing’ the highlighter too, so that is is now ‘behind’ the text.
On the other hand, there is one more way, I have in mind, how you could further improve user experience. I have noticed in the past, that most of my time is spent changing colors. What I also noticed, is that, the times I change colors are precisely not the times, when I could afford losing time. (I hope u can understand my last sentence :)) I am not going to lie, the solution I have in mind, is coming from one of your competitors. Regardless, I would like to ask you, if it would be possible for you, to add a 3 color ‘quick-switch’. (For both the pen and the highlighter) In my mind the user would be able to choose 3 colors (or more) to set to the top bar (where you can start your recordings). This would allow a quick switch.
Thanks for reading through. I hope you consider this idea and maybe next semester, all of us students can have an easier time.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ginger Labs, Inc.
- 256.4 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2021
- In-App Purchases
- Back to School Basics Pack
- Handwriting Recognition HUF1,090.00
- Math Recognition HUF1,090.00
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.