Kids and adults are becoming great at reading, spelling, writing, and handwriting with the EBLI Reading Adventure Apps!
EBLI’s 3rd App, Sight Words Made Easy, teaches students to accurately read and spell sight words (regular and irregular high frequency words) by sound and accurately read and use homophones. It is intended for those who have a general reading foundation and is a great segue for new readers who have already learned the basics from Reading Adventures with Booker Series, #1 EBLI Island and #2 EBLI Space.
While containing the exceptional quality of EBLI’s previous apps, Sight Words Made Easy is more advanced and contains EBLI instruction for learners of all ages (up to adults). The information, skills, and concepts taught teach irregular and regular words by sound. Instruction benefits readers of every age and level by improving their word reading accuracy, providing advanced phonics knowledge, and improving reading speed and comprehension.
EBLI’s multi-sensory instruction through learning activities and games will greatly accelerate the learner’s acquisition of reading, improve handwriting, and decrease the habit of guessing sight words when reading in text.
The App has introductory activities to the EBLI concepts:
• Up to 4 letters can spell a sound
• Sounds can be spelled in a variety of ways
• The same spelling can represent many different sounds
There are two main activities: Sight Words and Homophones
Analytics are available to follow student progress. Motivational reinforcement is included and rewards are unlocked as students move through the activities.
Each set includes 4 words
• 13 sets in the Foundational level
• 16 sets in the Intermediate level
• 10 sets in the Advanced level
Each set contains 2-3 homophones
• 25 sets in the Foundational level
• 25 sets in the Intermediate level
• 23 sets the in Advanced level
EBLI Activities included in this app:
• Tap and say
• Say and write
• Dot and dash
• Identify words
• Words shown in a list with a picture to teach vocabulary
• A sentence is dictated and the student types it
• Spelling and punctuation error correction
• Sentence read through the app as the words are highlighted
• Peterson Handwriting (a stylus is recommended on iPhone-sized devices)
Skills and Concepts
The skills and concepts taught in EBLI Reading Adventures Sight Words Made Easy include:
• Segmenting: pulling sounds apart
• Blending: pushing sounds together
• Phoneme Manipulation: moving sounds around in words
• Peterson Handwriting: correct letter formation
• Fluency: reading smoothly with inflection
• Writing: spelling words correctly and using correct punctuation
• Homophone instruction: correct spelling and definition of words that sound the same but look different and are spelled differently
• Sight Words: reading words accurately by sound
• Words are made up of sounds
• Teaching the most common spelling for each sound (each 1 letter spelling has a sound that most commonly represents)
• Words must be read from left to right
• Letters must be written from top to bottom, and from left to right
• 1, 2, 3, or 4 letters can spell 1 sound
• Accurately reading high frequency words
• Multi-syllable strategy
• Error corrections
• Vocabulary instruction
To provide feedback or ask questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The EBLI System
EBLI Evidence-Based Literacy Instruction is a system that teaches learners of all ages and ability levels to reach their highest potential in reading. EBLI has been implemented in over 300 schools and has been continuously refined through training and coaching thousands of classroom teachers and others. EBLI was developed from what research has shown to be necessary to teach anyone to reach their highest potential as well as from almost 2 decades of work with clients of all ages and ability levels at Ounce of Prevention Reading Center in Flushing, MI.
Fixing UI bugs for latest OS versions
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Teach the World to Read LLC
- 340.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- Copyright ©2019 Teach the World to Read LLC.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.