Millions of people use Signal every day for free and instantaneous communication anywhere in the world. Send and receive high-fidelity messages, participate in HD voice/video calls, and explore a growing set of new features that help you stay connected. Signal’s advanced privacy-preserving technology is always enabled, so you can focus on sharing the moments that matter with the people who matter to you.
• Say anything – State-of-the-art end-to-end encryption (powered by the open source Signal Protocol™) keeps your conversations secure. Privacy isn’t an optional mode — it’s just the way that Signal works. Every message, every call, every time.
• Go fast – Messages are delivered quickly and reliably, even on slow networks. Signal is optimized to operate in the most constrained environment possible.
• Feel free – Signal is a completely independent 501c3 nonprofit. Development is supported by users like you. No advertisements. No trackers. No kidding.
• Be yourself – You can use your existing phone number and address book to securely communicate with your friends.
• Speak up – Whether they live across town or across the ocean, Signal’s enhanced audio and video quality will make your friends and family feel closer.
• Whisper in the shadows – Switch to the dark theme if you refuse to see the light.
• Sound familiar – Choose custom alerts for each contact, or disable noises completely. Simon & Garfunkel wrote a hit song about it in 1964, and you can experience the sound of silence whenever you want by choosing “None” as your notification ringtone.
• Picture this – Use the built-in image editing features to sketch, crop, and flip your outgoing photos. There’s even a text tool so that you can add more words to the 1,000 that your picture is already worth.
For support, questions, or more information, please visit:
Follow us on Twitter (@signalapp) and Instagram (@signal_app) for all of the latest updates and announcements.
• Chat wallpapers have arrived! Choose unique wallpapers for individual chats (you may as well type on a heart-filled wallpaper if they're your type on paper) or just set one default background for everyone if your patience is wallpaper thin.
• This update includes support for animated stickers along with the first official animated Signal sticker pack, "Day by Day" by Miguel Ángel Camprubí. You can create your own APNG animated sticker packs in Signal Desktop, and now you can share sticker packs with multiple chats too!
• Optionally tell your friends what's going on or share something new "About" yourself in your Signal Profile.
• If they're a big deal to you, tap on their profile photo to see them in a full-screen view.
• New setting to lower data usage for calls.
• Automatically pause attachment downloads while a call is in progress. Deciding to wait doesn't need to feel like such a weight because you can pause and resume attachment downloads whenever you want.
• We improved image compression and quality so larger-than-life memories are always just the right size.
• Expanded chat list previews display the sender's name in group chats so it's easier to decide which threads to look at first.
• Signal chats can now be displayed as suggestions when sharing from other apps. This setting can be enabled or disabled at any time.
Interested in helping improve Signal? We're hiring. Visit https://signal.org/workworkwork to learn more.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Yeah, it’s a really well created app, but a lot of features are still missing. For example: sending multiple photo, changing the layout. And some UI changes🤗🤗🥰
It is far from perfect
Dear developers, I can not make audio or video calls, when I get a voice message it doesn’t play back, when I press the play button it shows like it is playing but I don’t hear anything, however the voice record can play back on the phone on which was created. I’m sure you are going to fix it, I like the idea of privacy, I will keep using the app in a hope that we will get a bug fix update soon.
Small bug fix needed!
[During voice calls] when the loudspeaker is turned on and I push the on/off button to switch off the screen, it hangs up the call. This function to hang up a call should only be available when talking ‘phone to ear’, not in loudspeaker mode.
Otherwise great app!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Signal Messenger, LLC
- 137.3 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Basque, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hausa, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Shona, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- © Signal Foundation
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.