SkyDemon is Europe's favourite software for VFR flight planning and in-flight navigation.
Use this app to access your SkyDemon subscription on your iOS device, unlocking SkyDemon's powerful features while on the move.
FLIGHT PLANNING FEATURES
- SkyDemon vector charts are the clearest aeronautical charts you'll ever use, with dynamic airspace clipping and choice of map layers
- Route planning is as simple as touching consecutive waypoints and dragging to make changes
- Virtual Radar shows how your route relates to airspace, terrain, obstructions and other features
- Pilot Log facility calculates headings and groundspeeds from actual wind data, and shows useful frequencies
- Plates and other documents for relevant airfields are displayed automatically as you plan, and many are available georeferenced for use in flight
- Intuitive pan, pinch and rotate support with no loss of map clarity or text legibility
- File a VFR flightplan for your route directly to air traffic controllers
- Automatic TAF, METAR and SIGMET briefing as you plan a route, with graphical decoding
- Rainfall data can be overlaid on the main map, with animation, showing the trend of rainfall over time
- Integration of GAFOR route forecasts for Switzerland, Austria, Slovenia and Croatia
- Both narrow-route and area NOTAM briefings available, updated as you plan
- Advanced NOTAM graphical interpretation and depiction on the main map
- Easily print your PLOG and the output from various briefings
- Warnings for airspace and other potential hazards to your flight, updated in real time
- Airfield Admin Information shows useful contacts and other details for airfields featured in our charts
- Forecast winds aloft are automatically retrieved for the flight time and displayed on the map
- Create an advanced flight performance profile for each aircraft you use
- ATS Routes mode offers an alternative chart presentation for flight along airways
- Accurate fuel, weight and balance calculations including flight costings
- Create an unlimited number of user-defined waypoints
- Analyse your track logs for posterity
- Choose between six different vector chart styles
- Extensive European chart coverage as standard
GPS NAVIGATION FEATURES
- Intelligent warnings for approaching airspace, NOTAM, obstacles, terrain and other hazards
- Virtual Radar shows a side-on projection of all approaching features and how your trajectory relates to them
- Vector map automatically follows the aircraft in north up, track up or course up orientation
- Clear and concise instruments show you flight statistics and help keep you on track
- An HSI/ILS instrument helps you keep to your planned route and line up early for approach
- Live Pilot Log shows progress through your route, ETAs, ATAs and useful frequencies based on your current position
- TerrainSafe dynamically colours mountainous terrain around you to quickly identify safer areas
- Direct To allows easy re-routing in a hurry by picking from a selection of nearby airfields
- Approach Information shows runway diagrams, TAF, METAR, NOTAM and other airfield details useful for making an approach
- Live updates of TAF and METAR while in flight, with associated alerts*
- Extended runway centrelines appear automatically on the map as you near your destination airfield
- Permanent display of position relative to nearest well-known waypoint, for position reporting
- Easy changing of the planned route while in flight by touching and dragging
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
* Internet connection required for live weather update while in flight
- The Logs dropdown now prompts for feedback if you've recently flown to an airfield for which we have little data
- Find a Destination now includes badges for the most popular airfields in each country
Ratings and Reviews
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Divelements Limited
- 68.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Divelements Limited
- In-App Purchases
- SkyDemon iOS Subscription HUF72,990.00
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.