The Sonic game that started it all is now free-to-play and optimized for mobile devices!
Race at lightning speeds across seven classic zones as Sonic the Hedgehog. Run and spin through loop-de-loops as you collect rings and defeat enemies on your mission to save the world from the evil Dr. Eggman.
Sonic the Hedgehog joins the SEGA Forever classic games collection, a treasure trove of free SEGA console classics brought to life on mobile for the first time!"
- OPTIMIZED FOR MOBILE Sonic The Hedgehog now plays in widescreen at a smooth 60FPS offering unrivalled performance and the game’s legendary soundtrack has been fully re-mastered.
- GOTTA GO FAST - Challenge yourself with an all-new Time Attack mode!
- NEW PLAYABLE CHARACTERS Play as Sonic’s friends Tails and Knuckles for the first time. Use their unique abilities to fly, climb, and glide around levels offering exciting new ways to explore.
- PLAY OFFLINE - premium users can play Sonic anytime offline
SEGA FOREVER FEATURES
- PLAY FREE
- LEADERBOARDS – compete with the world for high scores
- CONTROLLER SUPPORT: MFi compatible controllers
- GAMES RELEASED EVERY MONTH - Download them all!
- INCLUDES iOS 10 STICKER PACKS
- "Believe the hype - this is the tidiest, smoothest and most exhilarating game you'll have ever seen." [97%] - Andy Smith, SEGA Power #22 (September 1991)
- “Difficult without being frustrating, addictive without being repetitive, and altogether a joy to play.” [925/1000] - Gary Whitta, ACE #47 (August 1991)
- "One of the best Mega Drive games I've ever played" [92%] - Rich Leadbetter, Mean Machines #10 (July 1991)
- Sonic Jam contained the first release of Sonic The Hedgehog that gave Sonic his spin dash move, which returns again in this remake
- Sonic The Hedgehog was also released in arcades on SEGA's Mega-Tech and Mega Play systems
- Rabbit and armadillo characters were considered for Sonic before settling on a hedgehog design
- While "Eggman" is Dr. Robotnik's nickname in the West, he has always been known as "Eggman" in Japan
CLASSIC GAME FACTS
- First released in the US on June 23rd, 1991
- It took Yuji Naka almost a year to finish designing Green Hill Zone Act 1
- Spring Yard Zone and Scrap Brain Zone were originally called Sparkling Zone and Clock Work Zone
- Music composed by Masato Nakamura of Dreams Come True fame
- - - - -
Game apps are ad-supported and no in-app purchases are required to progress; ad-free play option available with in-app purchase.
This game may include "Interest Based Ads" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#3IBADiscolure for more information) and may collect "Precise Location Data" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#5LocationDataDisclosure for more information).
© SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA, the SEGA logo and SONIC THE HEDGEHOG are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates.
Bug fixes and refinements
Ratings and Reviews
As much as I love Sonic games, both modern and classics, the classics - even tho I never played it back in the day, because I’m not old enough to begin with - really gave me that nostalgia feel.
Sonic 1 is great; a lot of people complain about certain things - i.e. Marble Zone - but personally I didn’t find them to be a huge deal breaker. My complains don’t have to do anything with those; mine are about the controls.
On-screen controls is something that everyone sees as trash. It’s better than nothing, but it isn’t perfect, espacially if there isn’t even at least haptic feedback, so that the person would know that the button press was registered. But with this game; I don’t know what to say. Maybe it’s just me, but I could not get used to these weird on-screen controls. The jump button is the least bad, but the joystick just feels weird; it acts like a D-Pad, but it totally doesn’t look anything like it. If it would be a regular looking D-Pad - not the one from the Sonic CD remaster, that isn’t perfect either - just a standard cross, with some arrows on the ends it would be much better. And while this - in my opinion - is better a little bit, it may not need to be changed to be the only control method; if it’s possible to keep the current control scheme - the one that I have complains with - and add this - my idea - as optional then there will be no complains; both people who like the current control scheme, and ones who would prefer something similar, they would have the option to swap out the controls, and so everyone will be happy.
Jo kis retro játék :)
- Sega America
- 171.1 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © SEGA, the SEGA logo and SONIC THE HEDGEHOG are either registered trade marks or trade marks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Upgrade 699 Ft
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.