Textastic is the most comprehensive and versatile text and code editor available for iPad and iPhone. It supports syntax highlighting of more than 80 programming and markup languages. Connect to SFTP, FTP, and WebDAV servers or to your Dropbox or Google Drive account. Use the built-in SSH terminal to work directly on your server.
• Compatible with TextMate 1 and Sublime Text 3 syntax definitions and themes
• FTP, FTPS (FTP over SSL), SFTP (SSH connection), WebDAV, Dropbox and Google Drive clients
• SSH terminal connections
• Git repositories from the Git client app Working Copy can be opened as external folders in Textastic
• Emmet support
• Supports TextExpander snippet expansion
• iCloud Drive file synchronization
• WebDAV server to easily transfer files from your Mac or PC over Wi-Fi.
• Symbol list to quickly navigate in a file
• Full support for external keyboards, trackpads, and mice
• Configurable keyboard shortcuts
• Displays additional keys over the virtual keyboard to make it easy to type characters often used for programming
• Cursor navigation wheel for easy text selection
• Easily move the cursor using swipe gestures
• Split View and Slide Over multitasking on iPad
• Open multiple files in tabs
• Multiple Windows on iPadOS
• Support for Dark Mode
• Supports most encodings like UTF-8, UTF-16, and ISO-8859-1
• Supports different tab widths and soft tabs (spaces instead of tabs)
• Custom fonts
• Find & Replace (including regular expression search)
• Find in multiple files
• File information like character count and word count
• Local and remote web preview for HTML and Markdown files
Don't hesitate to tell me the features you want to see in the next version!
- When deleting files and folders, the confirmation dialog now displays a list of files and folders to be deleted.
- It's now possible to rearrange code editor tabs using a mouse or trackpad. Previously this was only possible using a finger.
- Fixed: in the WebDAV connection configuration dialog, changes to the "Verify SSL Certificate" setting were not saved.
Ratings and Reviews
Very useful if you are developer or/and Unix/Linux admin.
Largest folder remote download broken more times. iPad Pro 11 M1
Just what I needed, thanks!
I have been using Textastic for a could of month as main code editor and SSH client and I love it. The interface is easy to use and thekeyboard is just great! There is only two thing missing: One is the ability to categorize connections in groups and the other one is more Siri Shortcuts commads (like: start SSH session to... or open remote folder). These two things would make Textastic perfect. I hope these will be added in the future.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Alexander Blach
- 23.1 MB
- Developer Tools
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2022 Alexander Blach
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.