Discover award-winning journalism and live world news with The Guardian. Get breaking stories, sport and opinion on the go.
Stay up to date with live news and sport, wherever you are.
3 reasons to download The Guardian App for free:
1. Receive breaking news alerts
2. Save articles you’re interested in for later reading
3. Customise your feed with content that matters to you
Explore stories, UK headlines and content on a whole range of topics; from business to music, finance, politics, recipes & much more.
QUALITY JOURNALISM, YOUR WAY
Follow your favourite stories, writers or football teams for personal notifications. You can also fully customise your newsfeed, read comments on articles and share your own thoughts.
Enjoy audio, video and interactive content, as well as full-screen photo galleries. Access The Guardian's full range of journalism straight from your phone.
SUPPORT INDEPENDENT JOURNALISM
Thinking of upgrading your news? Upgrade to the Premium App to support independent journalism. Plus, access our enhanced features for a better way to experience the news that matters.
• Live - a new and faster way to catch up on every breaking news story
• Discover - a new way to explore the best stories, recipes, long reads and more
• Enhanced offline reading - download the day’s news before you travel, or whenever it suits you
• Experience the app advert-free
• Play our daily crosswords
• Access specially curated content
This app is totally free to use. If you choose to upgrade to the premium tier, your payment will be processed by Apple. Upgrade by selecting ‘Support the Guardian’ from the app’s navigation menu.
Subscriptions may be managed by going to your Account Settings after purchase. Premium subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within the 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You may turn off auto-renewal after purchase by going to your iTunes Account Settings.
Please note - while Apple's Family Sharing feature can be used to share apps between up to six family members, it does not support the sharing of in-app purchases (as described in https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT203046). This includes the auto-renewable subscription to the Premium App, and you will therefore not be able to share any subscription purchased via iTunes Store with family members. If you have any questions please email email@example.com who will be able to advise you further.
Terms and conditions:
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
It is easy to use even on iPhone, but the best experience is on tablet.
This is very unstable app. I am on way and want to read some important news. But here notification comes up and says no you cant! Because your app is outdated although I updated it last week!!! Ridiculous !!!
Guardian app - etalon
I wish all news apps operated that fluently and gently
- Guardian News & Media Ltd
- 101.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Burmese, Cambodian, Chinese (Hong Kong), Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Guardian News & Media 2019
- In-App Purchases
- the Guardian App 1 390 Ft
- Premium tier subscription 2 290 Ft
- Premium tier subscription 1 790 Ft
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.