Quietly, with little fanfare, this mysterious and thought-provoking book came about more than half a century ago — a book about life's purpose. Reviews from www.amazon.com:
"Both otherworldly and down to earth, both simple and sophisticated, both soothing and shaking... I can describe it using a thousand words and still not begin to describe it. There is nothing like it in print, that's for sure."
"A monumental piece of work that clearly was meticulously crafted."
"I most appreciate the wisdom in this book, both in quantity and quality, I have not read anything that even comes close."
"If you have been searching for inspiration, this book is alive."
"Best book on the planet — and has satisfied my every question."
(After 20 years on Amazon and a combined 900+ written reviews, 4.5 out of 5 stars.)
No person is credited as the author. How did this strange but relentlessly detailed and expansive book come to be written? Is it wisdom literature or sci-fi? In methodical prose, it lays out an epic story that has intrigued many people who have come across it.
The application includes:
- Full unabridged book in six languages (no network access needed to use, all is installed on your iPhone / iPad / iPod)
- Powerful search engine custom-designed for the book
- Random quotes feature with thousands of quotes
- Sharing through social media, text messaging, and email
- Text to speech - let the app read the book to you
- Bilingual support to show two languages side-by-side at the same time. Text-to-speech is also fully supported in bilingual mode for each language.
- Night mode and sepia for easier reading
- Options to adjust font type, text size, and margins
- Easy navigation system using detailed table of contents
- Reference numbers in the text optionally can be switched on, with multiple types of reference numbers to choose from.
- Page numbers for the English text that match the pagination of the most popular print edition (pages 1 - 2,097).
- While reading, a bookmark is added by double-tapping on the navigation bar title (for instance, "Paper 160" in the screenshots you can see here on the App Store). Bookmarks can also be added using the History rows. Tap the blue star on the right side of a History row to bookmark that location.
- By triple-tapping on a navigation bar title, you can conveniently switch night mode on and off. This also works in the Quotes section of the app.
- A helpful tip while reading quotes: simply double-tap each quote to get a new one. This is especially useful on devices with larger screens as an alternative to reaching for the "New" button.
The book is free to read. For app requests and comments, please send them to email@example.com. Enjoy.
"The majority of impoverished souls are truly rich, but they refuse to believe it."
If you subscribe to access search, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the subscription period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase. For your convenience, a link that will open your account settings is provided within the app. Current subscription prices are: Basic Search $2.99/2 months; Full Search (Basic & Advanced) $3.99/2 months; Full Search + Donation $5.99/2 months; Full Search + Extra Donation $8.99/2 months. Prices are in US dollars, and may vary in countries other than the United States. If you do not want to subscribe to Search, you still can continue to read the book for free.
Version 2.0.0 of the app is the most significant release in the app's 10-year history. Updates include:
- Search feature (3+ years in the making) – read about it inside the app for all the details.
- The app's code base was fully rewritten from scratch to modernize it. The look and feel of the app remains the same, but under the hood, it's much easier to maintain for the future. One visible improvement is that browsing through the book by swiping backward and forward is much improved. All levels of the book can be navigated this way, give it a try. Another improvement is that history and bookmark rows can be swiped to be deleted.
- Text sharing is updated for iOS 11 and is handled through share sheets now, giving more diverse sharing possibilities, depending on what other apps you have installed.
- New optimizations are in place so the app is faster and needs less space on your device.
- iPhone X and iPad Pro are fully supported. While the app could be used on these devices before, it previously didn't look right in some places due to not adjusting correctly to the screen sizes.
If you enjoy the app, a positive review from you on the App Store helps others find it to enjoy it too. Post a review or give a quick star rating, it's much appreciated and makes a difference. Thank you!
Ratings and Reviews
- Upward Inward Outward LLC
- 77.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2017 Upward Inward Outward
- In-App Purchases
- Basic Search 149 Ft
- Full Search (Basic & Advanced) 299 Ft
- Full Search + Donation 499 Ft
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.