Get things done! The award-winning Things app helps you plan your day, manage your projects, and make real progress toward your goals.
Best of all, it’s easy to use. Within the hour, you’ll have everything off your mind and neatly organized—from routine tasks to your biggest life goals—and you can start focusing on what matters today.
“Things offers the best combination of design and functionality of any app we tested, with nearly all the features of other power user applications and a delightful interface that never gets in the way of your work.”
—Wirecutter, The New York Times
• Your To-Dos
Your basic building block is the almighty To-Do—each a small step toward a great accomplishment. You can add notes, tag it, schedule it, and break it down into smaller steps.
• Your Projects
Create a Project for any big goal, then add the to-dos to reach it. Use headings to structure your list as you outline your plan. There’s also a place to jot down your notes, and a deadline to keep you on schedule.
• Your Areas
Create an Area for each sphere of your life, such as Work, Family, Finance, and so on. This keeps everything neatly organized, and helps you see the big picture as you set your plans in motion.
• Your Plan
Everything on your schedule is neatly laid out in the Today and Upcoming lists, which show your to-dos and calendar events. Each morning, see what you planned for Today and decide what you want to do. The rest is down to you :)
MORE THINGS TO LOVE
As you dive deeper, you’ll find Things packed with helpful features. Here are just a few:
• Reminders — set a time and Things will remind you.
• Repeaters — automatically repeat to-dos on a schedule you set.
• This Evening — a special place for your evening plans.
• Calendar integration — see your events and to-dos together.
• Tags — categorize your to-dos and quickly filter lists.
• Quick Entry — create to-dos from anywhere, as soon as the thought hits you.
• Quick Find — instantly locate to-dos, headings, or tags.
• Type Travel — jump from list to list with your keyboard; just start typing!
• Widgets — see your lists in Notification Center.
• Mail to Things — forward an email to Things; now it’s a to-do.
• And much more!
MADE FOR MAC
Things is tailored to the Mac with deep system integrations as well. A great example is Quick Entry with Autofill: a shortcut that grabs content from other apps and adds it to Things for you, such as a link to a website or an email you want to get back to.
You can also enjoy a beautiful dark mode at sunset, connect your calendars, enable widgets, use your Mac’s Touch Bar, import from Reminders—Things can do it all! There’s even AppleScript support if you need powerful automation.
STAY PRODUCTIVE ON THE GO
Things has full-featured apps for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch as well (sold separately). All your devices sync seamlessly via our free Things Cloud service. It’s great to have everything at your fingertips when you need it!
Made in Stuttgart, with two Apple Design Awards to its name, Things is a fine example of German engineering: designed not only to look fantastic, but to be perfectly functional as well. Every detail is thoughtfully considered, then polished to perfection.
“It’s like the unicorn of productivity tools: deep enough for serious work, surprisingly easy to use, and gorgeous enough to enjoy staring at.”
GET THINGS TODAY
Whatever it is you want to accomplish in life, Things can help you get there. Install the app today and see what you can do!
Visit our website now and get a free 15-day trial for your Mac: thingsapp.com
If you have any questions, please get in touch. We provide professional support and will be glad to help you!
This is our big update for macOS 12 Monterey with two headline features: integration with Apple’s new Shortcuts app for Mac and wide-reaching performance improvements in Things. We’ve also improved support for international keyboards, added time-sensitive notifications, and more.
Things for Mac now has full integration with Apple’s Shortcuts app. Use it to make templates for things you do regularly, create to-dos with pre-filled content, quickly view your lists, and more. Check out our support pages for some tips to get started: thingsapp.com
Any shortcuts you’ve already created on iPhone or iPad will simply work on macOS 12 Monterey once you upgrade.
MAJOR PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS
Over the past months we’ve put a ton of work into improving performance. This involved a massive unification of Mac & iOS code and a redefinition of how lists operate under the hood. The resulting speed boost will be most noticeable for those with very large databases and many projects, but the app will be generally snappier for everyone.
There were also a few situations where Things would behave differently on Mac & iOS. As an added benefit, our work on code unification eliminates such quirks, providing a more consistent experience across devices.
INTERNATIONAL KEYBOARD SUPPORT
With the release of macOS 12 Monterey and iPadOS 15, keyboard shortcuts can adapt to your specific keyboard layout. Apple’s own apps have adopted this behavior on Mac and iPad, and we’ve now built it into Things.
If you have a US keyboard, your shortcuts won’t change. On non-US layouts, shortcuts involving letters will mostly stay the same. Shortcuts involving special characters will now be easier to type, and some that were previously impossible to use can now be typed for the first time!
To see the new shortcuts for your keyboard layout:
• On Mac, simply browse the app’s menu or go to Help > Keyboard Shortcuts.
• On iPad, hold down the Cmd key.
• Widget customization: You can now choose which list the “+” button saves to.
• Time-Sensitive notifications: Things’ notifications always get through, even in a Focus mode, so you never miss anything important.
• Quick Note integration: After viewing one of your lists in Things you can switch to Apple Notes and click the “Add Link” button there.
• Import from Reminders: The new Tags are now imported (if a tag doesn’t exist in Things, it will be created).
• System Services: To-dos and list contents are now passed to the Services menu as text.
• Improved the ordering of logged to-dos in projects.
• Fixed a bug where to-dos duplicated in Today could appear in an unexpected order.
• Fixed a bug that prevented moving a scheduled to-do to a different heading via keyboard.
• Fixed a bug where some lists might not immediately reflect changes after trashing a project.
• Fixed a bug where, if Today was in grouped mode, moving a to-do up out of This Evening could remove its relation to its parent list.
• Fixed a bug where an incorrect warning could be shown when setting a date + reminder.
• Fixed a bug where a to-do could incorrectly remain highlighted after hitting Escape in the When popover.
• Fixed a bug which prevented removing reminders when multiple to-dos were selected.
• Fixed a bug where to-dos’ dates could change when dropping to-dos under a heading that had other dated to-dos.
• Fixed a bug where to-dos below a heading would continue to appear independently in the Logook even after their parent project had been logged.
• Fixed a bug where the order of sections in Today (when Today is grouped) would not change after reordering lists in the sidebar.
• Fixed a bug where incorrect section headers could appear in the Logbook.
• Fixed a bug where marking a project incomplete wouldn’t restore completed to-dos from the Logbook.
• Fixed a bug where pasting would fail for items copied from the Logbook.
• Fixed six bugs related to tags and filtering.
• Fixed numerous crashes.
Ratings and Reviews
The perfect app for GTD
I had some problems with the previous versions – the app routinely crashed or hanged up when I clicked the icon on the dock. Since the last few updates all the issues are gone, now it's the perfect app if you need a lightweight but still powerful GTD software.
Developer Response ,
Hey there! Our support team would love to help you resolve these issues as Things should of course run stable for you. We're looking forward to hearing from you!
Helps you to becomne structured!
This tool helped me to became super structured, and this way much more succesful. I recommend it to anybodey, who is OK, to learn a new tool and this way get structured. Could be less good for people, who already know how thye want to strucutre things, and need a flexiblle tool that can be customised for their need.
Developer Response ,
Hey there! Sorry for the trouble. Please have a look at the troubleshooting steps provided on our Known Issues page. We always keep it up-to-date with any known issue.
Great and very useful
The app is great, but be careful because you have to pay for it separately on iPhone, iPad and macOS as well. It’s annoying, so it’s worth considering whether to start using it because the total price is very high.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Cultured Code GmbH & Co. KG
- 32.5 MB
- Requires macOS 10.13.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2007-2021 Cultured Code
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.