WorkOutDoors is the only workout app for the Apple Watch that displays a detailed vector map whilst you exercise. It is also the most configurable workout app, with over 300 live metrics, graphs and buttons that can be displayed in many different screen layouts. It's perfect for running, cycling, hiking, skiing, geocaching and much more.
The map is drawn using vectors, which means that it can be smoothly zoomed, panned or rotated, just like maps on the iPhone. The data comes from OpenStreetMap, which includes paths, tracks, cycle trails and much more.
Maps can be stored on the Watch for use when you don't have your iPhone or cannot get a data signal. And the price includes maps for the whole world. No further purchases or subscriptions are required!
Interval Schedules can be created to assist your workout. For example warm up for 5 minutes, run fast for a mile and recover for a minute 5 times, and then cool down for 5 minutes.
The iPhone app provides detailed analysis of workouts; exporting of workouts; configuration of watch screen layouts; importing of GPX routes; and the ability to control the map areas that are stored offline on your Watch.
Workouts performed using the WorkOutDoors watch app can also be inspected on the iPhone by using Apple's Health and Activity apps.
WorkOutDoors includes many useful map and workout-related features:
- automatic map rotation according to direction of motion or the compass;
- a breadcrumb trail of your route;
- the map can be panned with your finger, and zoomed with the digital crown;
- a circular scale appears when zooming in or out;
- "map-only mode" shows the map without starting a workout;
- GPX routes can be imported and displayed on the map;
- routes are coloured in varying shades of purple: red for uphill; blue for downhill;
- routes can be drawn 'hollow' to show underlying trails;
- POIs and route waypoints can be tapped for more details;
- double tap for a full screen map;
- many different screen layouts and text sizes;
- configure multiple data screens and cycle through them by swiping the display;
- configure what metrics are shown on each screen from a pool of over 160 live metrics;
- configure interval schedules (e.g. warm-up, run fast then rest x 10, cool down)
- manual or configurable automatic laps (e.g. every mile or km);
- summary information, including lap splits, can be shown at any time during the workout;
- splits available for pace, distance, time, heart rate, calories, elevation and steps;
- interval alerts for distances (e.g. every mile), times, steps, calories, ascent and descent;
- limit alerts for heart rates, pace, speed and cadence;
- configurable heart rate zones with dozens of zone-related metrics and graphs;
- configurable target pace/speed with fields such as distance vs target and time vs target;
- target can be shown as a live icon on the map to show how far ahead or behind you are;
- 3 individually configurable rolling pace fields (e.g last mile, last minute etc);
- 16 different activity types;
- multiple types of graphical data fields: historical graphs, bar charts, trail maps and more;
- button fields provide shortcuts for any operation or to quickly show any settings screen;
- "Now Playing" music controls now available from a button within the app;
- workouts can be directly uploaded to Strava or exported as GPX files for use in other apps and websites;
- works even without an iPhone on watches with GPS;
- compass pointing north (which also acts as a button to control rotation);
- "start compass" pointing to your start location (tap it for distance to start);
- GPS signal strength indicator (tap it to see accuracy in metres);
- Battery level indicator;
- Geocache GPX files can be loaded (tap a cache for full groundspeak data);
If you own an Apple Watch and enjoy running, cycling, hiking, skiing, or any other outdoor exercise, then WorkOutDoors is the app for you. Give it a go!
- Supports the compass in the Apple Watch series 5 (with several new settings and metrics).
- Compatible with iOS 13 and watchOS 6
- Enhanced auto-pause configurability for running, cycling, walking and hiking
- New command to exit the current repeat loop during an interval schedule
- New configurable activity menus
- Ability to control the length of time that messages appear on the watch screen
- Ability to control the amount of smoothing applied to the current pace
- Improved Screen and Profile file manipulation functions
- lots of other improvements and bug fixes.
Értékelések és véleményekÖsszes
Got the app 3 days ago, so that I am able to run where I don’t know the path. The app has a pretty clean UI. I could move the map tiles really fast onto the Watch, and I also put a GPX file of my route. Whilst running, it drained about the same amount of battery as Nike+ (which I assume is also similar to the built in workout app) - about 20%/hour with HRM, music and standalone GPS (iPhone at home). After the run I could export a gpx of my run, which I could upload to Strava with my computer (this one feature had a bit of bug, where the gpx would only have properly formatted time in case of 24-hour time setting on iPhone). The only thing I’m really missing was audio cues. Both for each km and for navigation. I hope those will be implemented in the future. Having said that, it still is one of the most useful Apple Watch apps, and I would recommend it to others. :)
Best app for trail running
I tried more apps for running/trail running, by far this is the best of all if you have an Apple watch. Customizable screens with all the data required, offline map with tracks so you do not miss a turn in the forest, upload possibility to Strava. I really love it very much. Great thanks to the developers. 😊
I had the app earlier from family sharing, so I could not write a review.
The only problem is in case of very long running (longer than marathon) since Apple watch battery dies earlier (or I am running too slow 😂).
Best workout app
I run into this app a few months ago after trying most of the workout apps in the AppStore. I must say this app is incredible in every way! As a developer myself, I know how difficult it is to make an app like this, so congrats to the developer and thanks for the hard work! I like how customizable the screens are, so I can make any layout I want. The colored map is fantastic! I can't say enough how good this app is! It's totally worth the money.
- Ian Muriss
- 14.6 MB
- Egészség és fitnesz
iOS 11.0 és watchOS 4.0 vagy újabb verzió szükséges. Kompatibilis ezekkel: iPhone és iPod touch.
- Ez az alkalmazás akkor is használhatja az Ön tartózkodási helyét, ha nincs is megnyitva, ami csökkentheti a készülék akkumulátorának kapacitását.
- © 2019 Computer Client Services Ltd
- 2 290 Ft
Akár hat családtag is használhatja az alkalmazást, ha a Családi megosztás be van kapcsolva.