"It's one of those apps that is so good it should be built-in." - TJ Luoma (TUAW)
"You should check it out. It’s pretty frickin’ useful." - Charlie Sorrel (Cult of Mac)
"My beloved, artisanal Remount app finally has an official equivalent." - John Siracusa (Ars Technica)
TRY BEFORE YOU BUY: Please visit our website to try Mountain before you buy it.
UPDATES: Mac App Store customers get the latest version of Mountain for free on our web site.
Living seamlessly in the menu bar Mountain allows you to manage volumes with ease.
● With Mountain you can mount, unmount or eject drives with two easy clicks.
Unmount a single drive or eject all external drives at once. Unmounted drives will be spinned down and can either be unpluged or reactivated in Mountain without the need to unplug the USB cable and re-plug it again.
● Mountain identifies and notifies you about applications that block drives from being ejected and allows you to easily exit the applications.
● Mountain can be set to notify you whenever a drive becomes available or an external device can be safely unplugged . A click on the notification will open the drive in Finder.
● The Mountain menu bar icon will indicate if external volumes are connected or if it is safe to unplug all connections including network connections.
● Resolves an issue which caused showing hidden system volumes.
● Resolves an issue which hindered SD cards to be unmounted
● Resolves an issue which may have caused a delay mounting/unmounting volumes
● Resolves an issue which may have caused a delay showing a volume in Finder
● Resolves an issue which might have caused external HDDs not going to sleep after being unmounted.
● Resolves an issue which caused not to open a mounted volume in Finder although the option was selected in the preferences.
● Improves mistakable descriptions in the preferences.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
sometimes it works
sometimes it works sometimes it won’t work, i dunno why but when i put my mac to sleep, sometimes my nifty drive is not mounted automatically :(. now i'm not using any nifty drive, have no problem
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.