Redesigned from the ground up, Final Cut Pro combines revolutionary video editing with powerful media organization and incredible performance to let you create at the speed of thought.
Revolutionary Video Editing
• The Magnetic Timeline uses advanced metadata for faster, easier editing
• Enhanced Timeline Index lets you drag and drop audio roles to rearrange the layout of your timeline
• Use Clip Connections to attach B-roll, sound effects, and music to the timeline
• Reduce clutter by grouping clips into a Compound Clip
• Cycle through different shots, graphics, or effects at one place in the timeline with Auditions
• Edit multicamera projects with automatic syncing based on audio waveforms and support for up to 64 camera angles
• Import and edit 360° equirectangular video in a wide range of formats and frame sizes
• Create, edit, and deliver closed captions from within Final Cut Pro
• Extend the capabilities of Final Cut Pro with third-party workflow extensions that open within the Final Cut Pro interface
Powerful Media Organization
• Organize your work within libraries for efficient media management and collaboration
• Content Auto-Analysis captures camera metadata and analyzes shots in the background
• Create and apply custom keywords or favorites on the fly as you select clip ranges
• Smart Collections dynamically organize content for you to quickly find any shot in a few clicks
• Modern Metal engine uses all the GPUs in your Mac to accelerate graphics tasks including rendering, compositing, real-time effects playback, exporting, and more
• 64-bit architecture takes advantage of the RAM in your system for larger projects and richer effects
• Background processing lets you keep working without interruption
• Work natively with a broad range of formats including ProRes, RED, XAVC, AVCHD, H.264, HEVC from DSLRs, and more
Compelling, Customizable Effects
• Beautifully animated, easily customizable 2D and 3D titles
• Change the look of titles, transitions, and effects using intuitive controls
• Choose from an extensive ecosystem of third-party FxPlug plug-ins with custom interfaces
Integrated Audio Editing
• Assign roles — including dialogue, music, effects, and custom choices — during import to easily track and organize your project
• Expand and edit multichannel audio files directly in the timeline
• Let Final Cut Pro repair audio problems such as hum, excessive background noise, and more
• Sync DSLR video with separate audio in a single step with instant audio waveform matching
Intuitive Color Grading
• Import, edit, grade, and deliver video in standard color spaces and standard dynamic range (SDR), or in wide color HDR with support for Rec. 2020 HLG and PQ
• Improve the look of any clip with one-click Balance Color
• Manipulate color, saturation, and exposure with the Color Board
• Powerful color wheels and curves for precise adjustments with keying and masks
One-Step, Optimized Output
• Incredibly fast export for playback on Apple devices and upload to websites such as Vimeo and YouTube
• Use themed menus to author and burn a DVD or Blu-ray disc
• Export audio stems and multiple versions of a finished video using roles metadata
• Import and export XML for third-party workflows like color grading and sound mixing
System Requirements: macOS 10.14.6 or later, 4GB of RAM (8GB recommended for 4K editing, 3D titles, and 360° video editing), Metal-capable graphics card, 1GB of VRAM recommended for 4K editing, 3D titles, and 360° video editing, 3.8GB of available disk space.
Some features require Internet access; fees may apply. Blu-ray recorder required for burning Blu-ray discs. Video output to VR headset requires Mac computer with discrete graphics running macOS Mojave. 27-inch iMac with Radeon Pro 580 graphics or better recommended.
• New Metal-based processing engine improves playback and accelerates graphics tasks including rendering, compositing, real-time effects, exporting, and more
• Enhances graphics performance with support for multiple GPUs including Radeon Pro Vega II and Radeon Pro Vega II Duo on Mac Pro
• Optimizes CPU performance with support for up to 28 CPU cores on Mac Pro
• Accelerates ProRes and ProRes RAW playback when using the Afterburner card on Mac Pro
• View, edit, grade, and deliver stunning High Dynamic Range video on Pro Display XDR
• Connect Pro Display XDR with a single Thunderbolt cable to use as a display or reference monitor
• Simultaneously use up to three Pro Display XDR units connected to Mac Pro — two for the Final Cut Pro interface and one for dedicated monitoring
• Grade High Dynamic Range video with enhanced color mask and range isolation tools
• View High Dynamic Range video tone-mapped to compatible Standard Dynamic Range displays when using Final Cut Pro on macOS Catalina
• Select which internal or external GPU is used to accelerate graphics processing
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent in Most all Respects
I bought FCP a good while back and it just keeps on getting better and better. I edit all my projects in it now as it flys on my 27 Inch iMac from 2013. I added a couple of extra GB of ram and a thunderbolt external drive, and this helps no end in keeping my systems clean and sane.
While you can pick up the basics of FCPX without assistance, it is much better to do a Lynda course or something like that, as you will get to see so many short cuts and simpler ways of doing things going this route. There is so much to this program, that you will probably never find it all yourself, without spending crazy amounts of time learning the hard way.
The program is stable, powerful, relatively intuitive (in as much as it can be) and does a great job, with lots of output formats available.
I have Adobe Premiere also and that too is an excellent program, but I find myself back in FCPX on every project as it is simpler and easier to understand for my needs.
There is not much you can’t achieve with FCPX, from short commercials through full blown 2 hour epics, but you do need to study, at least a little at the beginning to get up to speed.
Well done Apple and all the development team. Keep it up and PLEASE don’t ditch FCPX like you did Aperture.
I'm a musician rather than a filmmaker. and as such I never really considered buying previous versions of Final Cut Pro. But reducing the price by 70% really tempted me, so I got it. Initially it was daunting, but after just a few days of trying a few different projects out I find the interface intuitive and easy to use. I expect iMovie is something like Garageband, which is far too simple for my demands as a musician. Final Cut Pro X seems to be being pitched in the same way as Logic, my main software tool. Tricky to use and very deep, but for a bright beginner easy enough to operate and get good results.
I think professional filmmakers ought to bear in mind that most of their quibbles will be answered in updates over the next year or two. In the meantime though, you ought to get FCP X and start familiarising yourselves with the differences, as this looks like it's going to be the future.
I've already made three short films, the best one is a trailer for an upcoming concert. It has blown the socks of my friends and colleagues and will make a big impact with the potential audience. I couldn't have dreamed of making something so good with iMovie. I can see that Final Cut Pro X is gonna have a big impact on my work and I'm already dreaming about future projects.
I just bought the old version of Final Cut pro which i now cannot access and this is another €330 - disgrace by apple
- Apple Distribution International
- 2.9 GB
macOS 10.14.6 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2019
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.