The Fracture Risk Assessment Tool (FRAX®) offers the medical practitioner an easy-to-use tool to calculate an individual patient’s 10-year probability of an osteoporotic fracture. Osteoporosis management guidelines around the world now increasingly recommend that fracture risk assessment be part of any clinical evaluation to help inform treatment decisions.
This App makes FRAX calculations handily available via smartphone or tablet – for maximum flexibility in any clinical setting.
FRAX generates the following results:
- the 10-year probability of a major osteoporotic event (clinical spine, forearm, hip or shoulder fracture).
- the 10-year probability of a hip fracture
- Body Mass Index
Models are available for the following countries/population groups:
Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mexico, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Palestine, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Singapore-Chinese, Singapore-Indians, Singapore-Malays, Slovakia, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, UK, US-Asian, US- Black, US-Caucasian, US-Hispanic, Venezuela
For UK users, NOGG guidance is accessible. This provides a guide for assessors, interpreting the results and indicating potential courses of action.
FRAX updates on your App:
Updates will be provided as new and/or updated country models become available. Language options will be added gradually in the coming year.
FRAX App functionality:
- PIN Protection for saved assessments
- Patient Results Management (save, delete & sort options)
- E-mail sharing capability of patient assessment (responses and results)
- Shake-to-Restart assessment functionality
All proceeds from the FRAX App go to the International Osteoporosis Foundation (IOF), which helps develop and maintain the FRAX tool.
Updated App Store screenshots
- International Osteoporosis Foundation
- 2.3 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2014-2019 International Osteoporosis Foundation
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.