The only scientifically validated HRV app that doesn't require an external sensor. HRV4Training helps you optimize your goals and prevent overtraining by measuring your Heart Rate Variability and providing tailored feedback on your physical condition. HRV4Training does not require a heart rate monitor, since it can accurately assess your HRV using the phone's camera.
HRV4Training also works with Apple Watch, the Oura ring and all compatible Bluetooth SMART sensors.
HRV4Training is also the first app that goes beyond simple measurements and provides insights on:
1) acute or day to day HRV changes in response to different stressors (alcohol, travel, sick days, training, menstruation, etc.)
2) long term multi-parameter trends to look at the big picture
3) correlations between physiological measurements and annotations
4) training load analysis, fitness, fatigue, readiness to perform and injury risk
5) VO2max estimation for runners linking the app to Strava or TrainingPeaks and using a heart rate monitor during their workouts
6) Training Polarization analysis (or 80/20)
7) Lactate Threshold Estimation for runners linking the app to Strava or TrainingPeaks and using a heart rate monitor during their workouts
8) Weekly and monthly summaries to track progress.
All data is processed inside the app in order to provide you with actionable interpretations that can help optimizing your training plan and performance.
Supported devices for the camera measurement: iPhones 5, 5S, 6, 6S, 6+, 6S+, SE, 7, 7+, 8, 8+, X, XS, XS Max, XR, 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max
Currently unsupported devices for the camera measurement: iPhones 4S, iPads and iPods - These devices require a chest strap.
- HRV-based advice helps you to adapt your trainings based on objective measures of recovery
- TAGS: lets you tag your sleep, mental energy, muscle fatigue, stress and all other parameters that can help you understand what is influencing your physical condition and physiological stress
- Works with Bluetooth SMART heart rate monitors (a Polar H7 is recommended) or simply your phone's Camera
- Integrates with the Health app (writes heart rate, and sleep, read sleep time)
- Configurable test (single or orthostatic, choose test duration between 1, 3 or 5 minutes)
- Extracts and stores the following features while lying down and/or standing: heart rate, mean of beat-to-beat intervals (AVNN), standard deviation of beat-to-beat intervals (SDNN), square root of the mean squared difference of successive R-Rs (rMSSD), number of pairs of successive R-Rs that differ by more than 50 ms (pNN50), low frequency power (LF, 0.04-0.15 Hz), high frequency power (HF, 0.15-0.40 Hz)
- Shows the PPG signal view to ensure signal quality during the test if the camera is used instead of a bluetooth SMART sensor
- HRV4T Recovery Points to provide a single, straightforward metric to analyze your physical condition
- Population summaries and people like you comparisons to put your data into perspective
- Analysis of compliance and consistency
- Data export via email or Dropbox
- Integrates with TrainingPeaks, SportTracks, Genetrainer and Strava
More details on HRV and app usage are available here:
More details on HRV using the phone's camera are available here:
HRV4Training requires to register an account with your email address, so that your data can be backed up safely and retrieved in case anything happens (app issue, changing phone, etc.).
* Improved artefact removal and signal quality
* Minor fixes and improvements
If you like the updates, please take a few minutes to the review the app. It makes a difference. Thanks!
For any issues, contact: hello@HRV4Training.com
p.s. let us know if you'd like to experiment more. Happy to send you Camera HRV for free.
Marco & Ale
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
5 star rating
I moved over to using HRV4TRAINING recently as I was having issues with the previous app I was using. If your serious about your training this app is for you.
The tags / metadata you can include are great, from lifestyle, if you’ve been travelling (perfect for “time starved IM athletes”), alcohol intake etc. All important stressors and often over looked.
Then there is the choice of multiple sensors to use, from the Coresense HRV sensor, your HR belt or the phones camera. And you can switch between the 3 if your want. Truly flexible.
The jewel in the crown is your Training Peaks / Strava workouts and metrics are seamlessly pushed to and from the app. So easy 💪
The fact that the team in HRV4TRAINING are athletes and scientists is clear from the data you can log.
Then there’s the literature they post... all peer reviewed academic papers are listed. You will be an expert in sports physiology in no time!
If you don’t want the science bit, just let the app show you HRV score and crack on or take a rest. You can even hide your daily score if you do to want to know it on race day !
Well done HRV4TRAINING ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️ from me.
Improving all the time and good integration
The app is improving all the time and it is becoming easier and easier to get consistent measurements day to day. Integrates well with Trainingpeaks (I don’t use Strava) which is very useful for plotting against other metrics.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.