The official Irish Radio app, designed in partnership with RTÉ and the IBI.
Car Mode, Sleep Timer, and a slick layout for iPhone. Quite simply, the best radio app in the world.
Scroll through radio recommended just for you, see what's local or trending, save your favourite stations and shows, and play them with one tap.
All RTÉ services, and dozens more great Irish stations, on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod. Tune in to live streams of radio, or browse our on-demand programmes and podcasts.
This radio app has everything from news and sport - to pop, rock, indie, dance, jazz, and classical. It's perfect for football, hurling, rugby, and UK soccer at the weekend.
Irish Radioplayer is a partnership between RTÉ and the Independent Broadcasters of Ireland, aimed at making radio listening easier. The partnership is backed by RTÉ (owners of stations like RTÉ Radio 1, RTÉ 2fm, RTÉ lyric fm, RTÉ Raidió na Gaeltachta, RTÉ Gold, RTÉ 2XM, RTÉ Jr Radio, RTÉ Pulse and RTÉ Radio 1 extra).
The IBI includes Communicorp (operators of Newstalk, Today FM, TX FM, Spin 103.8 and Spin Southwest) and the Wireless Group (who run FM104, Q102, C103, Cork’s 96FM, Live 95FM and LMFM),
Other IBI member stations in Radioplayer include Beat, Clare FM, Classic Hits 4fm, East Coast Radio, Highland Radio, iRadio, KCLR 96FM, Kfm, Midlands 103, Midwest Radio, Northern Sound, Ocean FM, Radio Kerry, Radio Nova, Red FM, Shannonside 104, South East Radio, Sunshine and Tipp FM.
- New ‘schedule view’. Tap the calendar to see what’s on, set listening reminders, and listen to recent shows
- Share podcasts/shows with your friends on social media. Tap the share button
- Easily play stations and shows on your speakers/TV. Just tap the playbar and select the new ‘device’ button
- Start stations with your voice using our new ‘add to Siri’ feature. Tap the ‘…’ button at the top of the screen
- Add a ‘widget’ to your phone, to play your favourite stations easily
Ratings and Reviews
Great in the car.
This works great with the Bluetooth connection in the car. Especially as it shows the station channel info on the car radio very quickly, and responds to up- and down-channel changes from steering wheel buttons, as well as the on-screen forward and back buttons. No other app seems to do all of that so well, or so quickly. The Favourites layout works well for me too. The app just works well. Recommended.
It was a good app once it’s so annoying now to much advertising interfering when listening to shows not worth using now they just lost a listener I could have put up with a reasonable amount of advertising but it’s at ridiculous level now
COAST station in not working
I love this App for home, work and the car. My favourite station has literally been silent all week - COAST radio station- both my husband and I are unable to hear anything but all the other stations work fine. Is there a fix for this?
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- UK Radioplayer Limted
- 102.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
English, Basque, Catalan, Danish, French, Galician, German, Irish, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Irish Radioplayer
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.