Ireland's National Journey Planner from the National Transport Authority is the only journey planner that provides timetable and map information from all licensed public transport providers across all of Ireland. It provides plans for trains, buses, trams, ferry, and taxi services and combines them into easy to read journey plans. The app provides door-to-door route plans and has information about scheduled departures and trips near your current location and from any specified point. Your plans also can be for now or any time in the future.
- Interactive and fully integrated Trip Planner
- All Ireland coverage including rural locations as well as cities such as Dublin, Belfast, Cork, Galway, Limerick, and Waterford
- All licensed public transport operators included
- All modes of public transport including trains, buses, and trams from transport providers such as Dublin Bus, Luas, Bus Éireann, DART, Commuter Rail, AirCoach, GoBe, Matthews Coaches etc
- Displays stops near you
- Dynamic zoom and scroll mapping
- GPS using “my location”
- Updating maps “on the go”
- Saves favourite locations and recent journeys
- Email and In calendar functions
The app is being continually developed, service data is being updated and improved. We welcome your feedback about this app, to send us an email please click the “info” button on your phone when you are using the app.
Stop lists now include the Stop locality,
EG St Mary’s College, Stop 1018, Rathmines.
Ratings and Reviews
This app looks great but works about as well as our public transport.
Basic info is there but the app crashes most of the time and menus freeze constantly.
Don't bother with this app, using the built in directions and info from Apple/Google maps app along with the relevant Irish Rail/Bus Éireann website info is better.
Good but could be improved
Using this app daily! Great and very easy 99% accurate if you are leaving within an hour but you can’t plan your destination or departure if you going on other date. This app should allow you to input “departure date,time etc” also the reverse like “arrival date and time” if this are allowed or updated this will be a great feature!
Bad, don’t bother downloading
I’ll try to give some useful feedback as the app is pretty bad and needs work. Worst thing is that times just display expected time which changes frequently, meaning missed trains and pain. Too much information and rarely used functions hide what you need. Outdated interface. Please just keep it simple and get the basics right. Maybe just take a look and copy the basics of an app like CityMapper. I’d like this app to be good but it’s not. Deleted twice.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.