Children can learn reading, language, writing, math, social-emotional development, problem-solving skills, and motor development. Open-ended activities and games like drawing, storytelling, and coloring encourage creativity and self-expression. A cast of adorable animal characters will guide children through lessons, and our adaptive learning path will customize their experience to help them master different skills.
Khan Academy Kids is completely free, forever — no ads and no subscriptions necessary. And we’re always adding new content to keep kids engaged, including books and songs from Super Simple Songs®, Bellwether Media, and National Geographic Young Explorer Magazine.
Download today and let the joyful learning begin!
NEW TEACHER TOOLS that can support remote learning
- Set up your class easily
- Search lessons by standards
- Assign lessons
- View reports to monitor student progress
NEW FIRST GRADE LESSONS
• We’ve added thousands of new interactive activities, exercises, and books that cover English Language Arts (ELA) and math Common Core standards.
HIGH-QUALITY, AWARD-WINNING CONTENT
• Editors' Choice — Apple App Store
• Common Sense Media—5 stars Educational Value, 5 stars Ease of Play
• Children's Technology Review Editor's Choice Award for Excellence in Design—100% Rating
• Parents' Choice Foundation Gold Award
• American Association of School Librarians—2019 Best App for Teaching and Learning
• Reading and literacy—phonics, letters, spelling, and writing
• Language—vocabulary, parts of speech
• Math—counting, numbers, addition, subtraction, shapes, and measuring
• Executive function and logic—focus, memory, and problem-solving
PERSONALIZED LEARNING EXPERIENCE
• Adaptive learning path allows each child to learn at their own pace.
• Children learn independently in the Library—a collection of activities, books, and videos.
• Kids can read books on their own or follow along with recorded audio narration.
• Five whimsical characters encourage children to think and learn.
• Highly interactive educational games and activities
EMOTIONAL AND PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT
• Social-emotional—relationships, self-control, and empathy
• Motor and physical development—gross and fine motor skills, health, and nutrition
• Creative expression—drawing, storytelling, and coloring
CREATED BY A TEAM OF EXPERTS
• Developed in collaboration with experts at the Stanford Graduate School of Education
• Aligns with Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework and Common Core Standards
• Features original content from Super Simple Songs®, Bellwether Media, and National Geographic Young Explorer Magazine
We’d love to hear from you. Please visit us at khanacademykids.org, or drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT KHAN ACADEMY
Khan Academy is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with the mission of providing a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. Khan Academy Kids was created by experienced early learning experts who have created 22 other top-selling titles and received 22 Parents’ Choice Awards, 19 Children’s Technology Review Awards, and a KAPi award for Best Children’s App at the International Consumer Electronics Show. The Khan Academy Kids team is a passionate group of engineers, artists, designers, and educators who joined Khan Academy from Duck Duck Moose, a maker of popular educational apps for kids. Khan Academy Kids is 100% free without ads or subscriptions.
ABOUT SUPER SIMPLE SONGS®
Skyship Entertainment™ is the creator of the beloved children’s brand, Super Simple™. Their award-winning Super Simple Songs® combines delightful animation and puppetry with original and classic kids’ songs to help make learning simple and fun. With over 10 billion views and 10 million subscribers on YouTube, their songs and videos are favorites with parents, teachers, and kids around the globe.
As families and educators navigate going back to school, Khan Academy Kids is here to help.
This fall we’re featuring books and lessons we love in the Library, as well as themed coloring pages.
We've also added new parent preferences to help focus your child’s learning experience. From the Parent Section, you can disable sections of the Library and restrict homing out of lessons.
As always, Khan Kids is 100% free. If you'd like to support our work, click Donate in the Parent Section or leave us a review. Happy learning!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Best app for kids
Best app for kids! Fun and quality educational content without adds. ❤️💕❤️💕💕
What an amazing app. Lots of kids apps out there are a bit weird and I don’t want my kid using them. Especially some stuff on youtube, even youtube kids can have some weird influences. This app looks like it was developed by experts and my kid is actually learning stuff from it while also enjoying herself. There are hundreds of books it will read out for her and she loves the artistic style and all the characters. Great job and no ads or nothing.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review! We think learning should be free, fun, and accessible, and we are so happy to hear that has been your experience!
Are you seriously asking for email from start in kids app? How did apple approve this??
Developer Response ,
Khan Academy Kids is a comprehensive and personalized early learning curriculum, and a parent's email is required to activate an account so the child's learning progress can be saved in the event the app is deleted or if the user changes their device. Here is some background on how the app is structured, in case it provides more context for your concerns: https://khankids.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006537272-How-do-I-set-up-an-account-. Feel free to reach out with suggestions to email@example.com.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.