App1; Introduction to Algebra
Background: The MathsReduced series of 21 Apps has been developed around a philosophy
of learning based on beliefs such as:
1. The mathematics that exists today has frequently developed as a result
of mankind needing to have reliable methods for solving practical
everyday numeric problems.
2. Over the centuries, the teaching of mathematics has sometimes seemed
to have moved significantly away from its practical, and often
relatively simple origins. We in MathsReduced believe that the present
learning and teaching of mathematics, and especially algebra, has
sometimes lost sight of the critical question Why Mathematics?
3. Consequently, the MathsReduced series of Apps on Introductory
Algebra, has the following main aims:
- To remove what is sometimes seen as a sense of strangeness or
- To clearly convey the importance of solving practical everyday
- To stress the importance of a consistent approach to the
- To use the various characteristics of a computer-based device to the
- In other words to bring the subject of Algebra to life
mystery from Algebra
problems in the world of Algebra
understanding of algebraic problems, their description, and
ultimately their solution
maximum degree when solving algebraic problems
App1: An overview
App1 in the MathsReduced series begins by tracing the origins of Algebra about 4,000 years
ago. Some of the main aspects of the subject are then introduced. Particular attention is given
to certain relevant rules, and everyday uses. The earliest historical uses of Algebra are noted,
and the importance of solving sharing problems is highlighted.
- Updates for iOS 13
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- MACRO-TO-MICRO INFORMATICS LIMITED
- 38.2 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2013 Macro to Micro Informatics
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.