Mind Your Microbes allows you to explore the Gastrointestinal System and Microbiome to learn how age, diet and exercise can influence the diversity of human gut bacteria.
The Human Microbiome is the collective term used to describe the trillions of different microbes (bacteria, viruses, bacteriophages) that reside in and upon all human beings. They are essential for our overall health and well-being, and affect our immune system, digestion, mood, weight, brain activity and many other functions e.g. defense and immune response.
• Learn how the digestive system, and the organs involved, work to break down food.
• See the impact of 5 different diets on gut bacteria.
• Learn how exercise plays a role in gut health.
• Discover how age plays a role in the diversity of gut bacteria.
• Witness the effects of Probiotics, Prebiotics and Antibiotics on the gut microbiome.
• Learn about the major phyla (families) of bacteria that live in the human gut.
• Over 35 combinations of lifestyles to choose from.
• More than 100 fun facts about the human microbiome.
• Clear, safe, and user-friendly interface.
• Original artwork.
• Fun for all ages.
• The human gut microbiome is important to us all, so this app is about you!
The APC Microbiome Institute is a world leading institute in microbiome science founded in 2003 with funding from Science Foundation Ireland and key industry partners.
Visit us: http://apc.ucc.ie and http://microbemagic.ucc.ie
Follow us: twitter.com/pharmabiotic Like us: facebook.com/pharmabiotic We would love to hear from you so if you would like to contact us please do so at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This app has been created by Spinning Clock. We are a global, award winning creative agency, working with businesses of all sizes to promote brands, increase sales and educate users through highly creative solutions. Visit us at www.spinningclock.com or drop us a line at email@example.com.
This app is optimized for iPad 4 or higher.
- Ian Naylor
- 58.2 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Spinningclock
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.